Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 181486 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 02:36:50 PM »
Place my order with Rat Sound for the X18 today. ETA is mid February. Price well below what I'm seeing online. I suspect I'll be lucky to see it by March. We shall see...

Excellent! It looks a lot more rugged and more versatile than the DL1608. I hope it comes sooner than later for you.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 04:12:28 PM »
Place my order with Rat Sound for the X18 today. ETA is mid February. Price well below what I'm seeing online. I suspect I'll be lucky to see it by March. We shall see...

Excellent! It looks a lot more rugged and more versatile than the DL1608. I hope it comes sooner than later for you.
Behringer and rugged aren't two words I'd usually associate with each other, but in fairness, the XR series does look a bit rugged.
In the real world if they weigh slightly more than a paper cup, they may in fact stand a chance of surviving a few gigs.
Can't wait until 2020 to try one out lol.
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 04:47:46 PM »

Behringer and rugged aren't two words I'd usually associate with each other, but in fairness, the XR series does look a bit rugged.
In the real world if they weigh slightly more than a paper cup, they may in fact stand a chance of surviving a few gigs.
Can't wait until 2020 to try one out lol.

For sure it looks like they can be hidden on or near the stage a lot easier than the DL32 or the DL1608.  :)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 04:54:58 PM »

In it's favor, there are hardly any moving parts on the the thing. Only a headphone level control, a power switch, and a recessed selector switch for the network. So as long as the internal build quality is decent, it should be pretty reliable. moving parts tend to be a big weak link.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 05:06:06 PM »
In it's favor, there are hardly any moving parts on the the thing. Only a headphone level control, a power switch, and a recessed selector switch for the network. So as long as the internal build quality is decent, it should be pretty reliable. moving parts tend to be a big weak link.

Greg;

I for one am happy for you. It's always a fun experience to get new gear. And this one looks like a winner. Good Luck!  :thu:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 05:13:39 PM »

Greg;

I for one am happy for you. It's always a fun experience to get new gear. And this one looks like a winner. Good Luck!  :thu:
Yup, good luck with the new desk for sure :thu: :)
All joking aside, I would have a job for the two smallest XRs if the money was right here in the UK.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 05:17:22 PM by robbocurry »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 07:53:33 PM »
I'd be reluctant to have ANY gear "naked" on the stage floor or in the van/trailer - even something like the X-Air units that are built for it. It wouldn't be long before they'd look like crap. With something rack mounted the rack takes the abuse and can be replaced if it gets too ugly - and it preserved the value of the items mounted within. Yah, I know you can rack mount the X-Airs but they aren't designed to fully utilize the 19" width of a rack like an X32 Rack does. At the very least you'd need a transport case for the X-Air and at that point you might as well have it be a rack IMO.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 10:31:28 PM »
I set up the DL 1608 on a milk crate next to a speaker stand, on the floor. The DL is off the floor to stop crap getting in to it and to allow air flow around the mixer. I would set an X18R up the same way. Never directly on the floor. You're just asking for troubles. I agree that you would need some sort of road case to carry it in, to prevent it from getting beat up in transport.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2015, 10:04:11 AM »
What make is the milk crate?

:)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2015, 01:00:29 PM »

Lol. This is my favourite. Very good s/n ratio ;D

http://m.indiamart.com/proddetail.php?i=6212991230

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2015, 02:40:55 PM »

Lol. This is my favourite. Very good s/n ratio ;D

http://m.indiamart.com/proddetail.php?i=6212991230

Milk Crate? MILK CRATE!!??  I thought it was a Faraday Cage to ward off evil entities from other dimensions and stop white noise and loss of sync. Damn! Now I am disappointed!  :'(
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 02:52:33 PM by Keyboard Magic »

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 06:12:38 PM »
In the old days, all you needed was gaffa tape and a few beer crates and you were on the way to stardom and all that , I feel for the young ones since all this tech and health and safety mullarkey kicked in, I think alluminium speakers stands  signaled the start of the end

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 07:01:59 PM »
In the old days, all you needed was gaffa tape and a few beer crates and you were on the way to stardom and all that
So, you was one of them uppidy guys that used gaffa instead of duct tape? LOL

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2015, 07:05:01 PM »
In the old days, all you needed was gaffa tape and a few beer crates and you were on the way to stardom and all that , I feel for the young ones since all this tech and health and safety mullarkey kicked in, I think alluminium speakers stands  signaled the start of the end

I have aluminum speaker stands and no beer crates. There goes that stardom thing down the drain.  :facepalm:

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2015, 07:06:06 PM »
In the old days, all you needed was gaffa tape and a few beer crates and you were on the way to stardom and all that
So, you was one of them uppidy guys that used gaffa instead of duct tape? LOL

I use DUCK tape, thank you!  ;) Or if no duck tape available, at least 4 rolls of masking tape for one application gets the job done.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 07:08:12 PM by Keyboard Magic »