Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video

<< < (44/86) > >>

WK154:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on March 05, 2015, 08:41:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on March 05, 2015, 06:49:50 PM ---Unfortunately in typical half baked Mackie fashion I see no way to set the mask. No info either. Using what port etc.?  Maybe someone could call tech support and squeeze it out of them.
Gets worst they have no means of deleting the one fixed IP address . Pure amateur job.

--- End quote ---
I had to enter a Mask? and a Gateway - can't figure out what good that does to the DL1608? I set the IP to 192.168.0.168 ( 1608 without the zero ;) , the mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1 just because .

--- End quote ---
Could be since I did this without the DL connected so they ask for a mask and gateway that's good. Does the delete (red minus symbol) show up in setup when connected?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on March 05, 2015, 10:03:15 PM ---Could be since I did this without the DL connected so they ask for a mask and gateway that's good. Does the delete (red minus symbol) show up in setup when connected?

--- End quote ---
I've got it packed up again, I'll try to remember to look when next I have it out (probably not until the AP comes in). So, why does the DL1608 need to know the gateway (AKA router) address? Obviously I'm not going to have one...

Harpman:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on November 04, 2014, 08:30:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kev tyler on November 04, 2014, 07:42:12 PM ---for every user who wants 32 channels there are probably 100 dying for a decent compact desk,
--- End quote ---
More like 1000 IMO. But I suppose if Behringer could overcome their past reputation to become the #1 selling digital mixer family Mackie has a shot too :) .

--- End quote ---

RR, before Mackie, all I ever owned was Behringer analog boards and never had any issues.  Even with their FX, Cross-overs, EQ units.  They did have a bad rap in the past, but that may have been close to a decade ago.  I can't stand their speakers though.  Even with EQ, they sound boxy. Who makes a good monitor speaker is Altos.  I have two of their TR112's and our drummer uses a TR115.  800 watts for under $300 US isn't bad.

Kev tyler:
Had to do a gig through another acts Behringer plastic 12s yesterday, bloody horrible, the lady said next time you come back we will have Loads of these new  berry versions with the MP3 player built in..

:facepalm:

99% of the acts I know here use berry mixers, I would say they are pretty reliable and are good value. But the speakers, yuk.

Mackie seem to be beating all of their speakers with the ugly stick lately too.

Kev

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Kev tyler on March 08, 2015, 11:21:21 AM ---Had to do a gig through another acts Behringer plastic 12s yesterday, bloody horrible, the lady said next time you come back we will have Loads of these new  berry versions with the MP3 player built in..
:facepalm:
99% of the acts I know here use berry mixers, I would say they are pretty reliable and are good value. But the speakers, yuk.
Mackie seem to be beating all of their speakers with the ugly stick lately too.
Kev

--- End quote ---
Actually the higher end Behringer speakers are pretty decent - I have a pair of B412DSP's that I don't use anymore solely due to their being stoopid heavy . One of our fellow DL owners has the newer Neo version of those and they are MUCH lighter and still sound fine. I also have four of their low end B208D's and - while they have a bit of their own "sound" - they are fine too, I've used them at weddings and other low volume gigs for both canned music and live. I've even used them behind a 7 piece classic rock group with no subs or monitors! (Wynn would be lovin that ;) ). I've used a pair of the older B215A's as monitors too (venue's rig) and had no problem with them. I've never used their passives but I assume the same thing would happen as with my Peavey PR10 actives vs passives - the actives sound quite a bit better due to the processing and biamping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version