Other Digital Mixers > Behringer X-Air

X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video

<< < (45/86) > >>

Kev tyler:
My mates use the cheap berry 12s RR, they are ok, but you know what I mean, yes they have their own sound that's fair,

I don't know how thomann make any money on them, as they seem to vacation in Germany a lot, I offered to repair a blown 12 neo for one bloke, the care group where very efficient to be fair and offerd to ship a new chassis to Alicante for 200 euros, the whole speaker can be bought and delivered with guarantee for 222?

Incredible disposable world in which we live

Kev

robbocurry:
The xr18 is something I'd be interested in but it needs to be cheaper in the UK and work as expected. Looks like a few have been sent back by owners due to problems software & hardware related, not encouraging for a potential buyer. Plus, iOS seems to be getting less priority than other versions of the control software which sucks for me.
All the flapping at the Behringer forum looks to have distracted a few of the regular posters here.
All quiet on the Mackie front, everything working as it should be! (For me anyway!) :)

stevegarris:
Yep. All I'm hearing is that the iPad app is incomplete, and not user friendly.

Had a wonderful gig last night with my rock solid, consistent DL ver 2. It was a new band for me, and I'm convinced I had the best mix I've ever had at this club.

James91104:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on March 14, 2015, 09:08:09 PM ---The xr18 is something I'd be interested in but it needs to be cheaper in the UK and work as expected. Looks like a few have been sent back by owners due to problems software & hardware related, not encouraging for a potential buyer. Plus, iOS seems to be getting less priority than other versions of the control software which sucks for me.
All the flapping at the Behringer forum looks to have distracted a few of the regular posters here.
All quiet on the Mackie front, everything working as it should be! (For me anyway!) :)

--- End quote ---

I offer if nothing else other than opinion that a majority of issues with the XR18 is due to pilot error, based on my having monitored the new X-Air Forum category since its inception.
For the most part would it not be a fair statement to say that anything produced outside of the E.U. needs to be cheaper for you in the U.K. ?
The iOS app is apparently the weakest in the HW/SW link, resulting in the most to be desired for addressing.
Quiet here I would suggest due to a lot of thunder elsewhere in the industry and retail market, and in all fairness to Mackie, the relatively recent releases and response to issues from Woodinville.
I would be very interested in the numbers of units shipped, sold, and ultimately returned of all brands & models from the various manufacturers of this market segment, just to be real when discussing.

gerenm63:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on March 14, 2015, 09:23:49 PM ---Yep. All I'm hearing is that the iPad app is incomplete, and not user friendly.

Had a wonderful gig last night with my rock solid, consistent DL ver 2. It was a new band for me, and I'm convinced I had the best mix I've ever had at this club.

--- End quote ---

I was one of those who voiced the opinion that the B*******r app(s) were not ready for prime time. I had another look at it yesterday, and there have been some changes to it since I last looked. It's still not as friendly as the Master Fader/My Fader combination. But, there have been some additions that I didn't see in the previous iteration, and it's actually starting to be a pretty nice app. I would say that, if the XR18 had been available when I bought my DL (with the software at the point it is now), I'd've probably bought the XR18.

With that said, I am still quite pleased with my DL1608, and feel no particular compulsion to ditch it for what may or may not be greener pastures. I would love to have a recallable gain control, but having the trim in MF3 is a help. If Mackie were to decide to come out with 18- or 24-channel rack-mount version, I would be tempted to melt a credit card for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version