Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 179705 times)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2015, 04:44:34 PM »
Ha!  :o  Speak for yourself, I get the disconnects regularly wirelessly... hardly ever use it docked so don't know if that is an issue.

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
Wow, I can't remember one single disconnect incident wirelessly, and for most of the gig I'm looking at the iPad in my hands so I'm pretty sure I would have seen it if it happened.

However, the docked iPad loses sync regularly .. But it's never been a problem coz it only takes a few seconds to reconnect.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2015, 05:49:45 PM »
Pretty much every gig it will do it. I am going to have to see whether the second iPad I have exhibits the same behaviour, but I am not convinced it is an MF issue as I have seen videos struggling to buffer the moment the signal indicator on the iPad drops to 2 bars instead of 3.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2015, 06:00:20 PM »
Never noticed it with the docked iPad. Could’ve happened when I wasn’t looking at it. I run wirelessly all the time now, no docked iPad and it has never dropped sync once. Just lucky? 
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2015, 06:34:23 PM »
Maybe I am rubbish at picking Wi-Fi routers?  :lol: LOL

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2015, 06:43:51 PM »
I've not seen any wireless disconnects lately - but then again I don't use a router 8) .

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2015, 07:01:40 PM »
I've had momentary disconnects from my docked ipad 2 and from my wireless ipad mini.  Short infrequent.  Not much of a problem. 

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2015, 07:29:16 PM »
One of the things that astounds me is how there seems to be so many different issues using the same gear, and operating systems. j

I know how to use stuff...and if I don't I always RTFM.
But I'm completely clueless when it comes to the deep down nitty gritty of technical gear.

One of my friends in the music industry, who is similar to me in his lack of technical knowledge, made a statement one day that all this fangled high tech stuff like computers and such is, and I quote,  "harder to EQ than a ham sandwich!"

This current crop of diverse user issues using the exact same gear as the rest of us gives me a headache just thinking about WHY there are so many variables in the end user experience.

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2015, 07:40:31 PM »
The router I first used was my Dlink DHP-1320.
It worked quite well...once I got it to connect to the DL. But that was sometimes an exercise in frustration.

In the end I found enough loose change hiding in my sofa to buy an apple airport express, and my wonky connection issues mostly vanished.

The only negative is that the airport express doesn't have anywhere near the range of the Dlink.

But anyway, I think it might be a bit of a lucky dip choosing a WiFi router for this application. I doubt you're rubbish at it LOL  :D

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2015, 08:02:19 PM »
I think it’s the way things are manufactured today. You put 2 brand new cars side by side, they are identical in every way, one of them will end up having issues right off the showroom floor and the other will never have any problems for the life of it. It’s a sad state of affairs, but it seems to be reality. QC at its best!

I had a DL completely brick on me right after a firmware update a long time ago and returned it. Now I’m using a brand new one (almost 2 years old now) with the school I volunteer at. It’s been flawless out of the box and throughout all the firmware and app updates. Go figure! 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:12:32 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #310 on: April 27, 2015, 12:41:50 AM »
Actually had a chance to run the x32 "sister" board last night .
Working at a club that the house mixer was a Midas M32.

Very impressed with the quality and feel of the board. Actually liked it's layout better than the x32
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 01:03:20 AM by Rdmitch »
Your never to old to learn something stupid

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #311 on: April 27, 2015, 05:39:53 AM »
Now that's just showing off!  ::)

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #312 on: April 28, 2015, 06:54:28 AM »
Well I am sorry to go with the enemy, but I have just ordered the x air  12, I hope it's ok, my mum will have my guts for garters if i get it home and I don't like it.

:)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #313 on: April 28, 2015, 12:58:07 PM »
I don't see anyone as the "enemy".  If Behringer has improved their quality control, then kudos to them and all the people who will be buying their products in the future.  Their price alone will draw people in their direction.  There will be people who had been burned in the past who will never forget or forgive.  My experience hadn't been too bad.  It was perfect with my MixWiz.  (Still a great mixer.)  Pretty rare that any product that I own never gives me any problem for the entire time I own it.  (I generally keep things a long time.  15 years for my previous new car.)

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #314 on: April 28, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
Well I am sorry to go with the enemy, but I have just ordered the x air  12, I hope it's ok, my mum will have my guts for garters if i get it home and I don't like it.

:)

I never had any serious issues with Behringer gear, and I've used a lot of it. In the past, you just couldn't punish it too badly, or it would get erratic. Reasonable care yielded good results, at least in my case. If they had been shipping either the X18 or the XR18 when I was in the position to purchase, I probably would have gone with it, even though I don't like the software as much as the Mackie, if only because of the ability to control/recall the preamps.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA