Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 179656 times)

Kev tyler

• Knight
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #360 on: August 25, 2015, 09:42:12 AM »
I am doing four gigs a week with the x air12, it is solid as a rock, since I upgraded to a decent external router two months ago I have no disconnect issues at all, I returned to a gig last night that was problematic due to a plethora of tv rebroadcasting ( pirate tv in essence) antennas and similar for high power paid  wi fi providers, the x air was solid,

I can't see any reason why anyone who owns one of these devices would not go out and gig with it after a few days of learning it's secrets at home. Fair play I am a duo or solo and only need basic routing, but it's no deal breaker requiring a laptop to set up services that are not present on iOS.

Cheers

Kev

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #361 on: August 25, 2015, 12:11:36 PM »
My XR18 is taking gigs away from my Yamaha LS9-16. Compact, no snake, multitrack everything. Physical controls: MIDI Fighter Twister for faders and Novation LaunchControl for effect sends.

I still use all 3 platforms. I have little expectation that they're going to converge the features between Android, iOS, and laptop. Their rate of updates seems to have dropped off completely. It's workable as it is.

Documentation will never happen, that I'm sure of.

I always carry my QSC TouchMix as backup, because I don't trust Behringer's components at all.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #362 on: August 25, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
I am doing four gigs a week with the x air12, it is solid as a rock, since I upgraded to a decent external router two months ago I have no disconnect issues at all, I returned to a gig last night that was problematic due to a plethora of tv rebroadcasting ( pirate tv in essence) antennas and similar for high power paid  wi fi providers, the x air was solid,

I can't see any reason why anyone who owns one of these devices would not go out and gig with it after a few days of learning it's secrets at home. Fair play I am a duo or solo and only need basic routing, but it's no deal breaker requiring a laptop to set up services that are not present on iOS.

Cheers

Kev
I'm glad the new router is working out for you even in that place where the AE took a dump. IIRC the iPad app wasn't that nice to you recently since all play isn't implemented yet. When I said not quite ready I didn't imply any major issues and of course if you have all 3 platforms available most things can be accomplished. Whether their operation ever converges is not as important as having all control over the XR series in each platform. That's not there yet. When I visited their Canoga Park facility I was given a tour and was impressed. It is however, based on their work product and from what I observed, a marketing/sales and damage control operation IMHO. No repair service AFAIK or have seen. Relabeling things seems to be a new fad at the Music Group.
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #363 on: August 25, 2015, 05:46:59 PM »
My XR18 is taking gigs away from my Yamaha LS9-16. Compact, no snake, multitrack everything. Physical controls: MIDI Fighter Twister for faders and Novation LaunchControl for effect sends.

I still use all 3 platforms. I have little expectation that they're going to converge the features between Android, iOS, and laptop. Their rate of updates seems to have dropped off completely. It's workable as it is.

Documentation will never happen, that I'm sure of.

I always carry my QSC TouchMix as backup, because I don't trust Behringer's components at all.
No question that the XR is both compact and convenient for most small gigs. As I said to Kev it's not important that the 3 apps converge on workflow but that all control over the XR are available on each app. The differences are even an advantage since it does give you a choice not only on hardware but also workflow preferences. Incomplete documentation however is a real problem (not the format it's in). What MFG do you know that sells a product of this complexity and then tells you to go figure out how it works and what it's limitations are? ::)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 05:49:49 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #364 on: August 26, 2015, 02:41:02 AM »
Well over the next few weeks Music Group plans to release new firmware and updated apps as well, including a new platform for DIY on the Raspberry Pi. The long overdue X-air docs for OSC finally were posted as well. The manual however is soon in the future. ;D, Wiki of course.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 02:55:39 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #365 on: August 28, 2015, 12:56:33 PM »
As I said to Kev it's not important that the 3 apps converge on workflow but that all control over the XR are available on each app.

That's why I said "converge the features".

These docs aren't actually new, it's just unreleased details from the April information. Good to have it, but it's not up to date.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #366 on: September 06, 2015, 09:05:14 AM »
Hi guys

Sorry I have not been on here for a while ,

Yes I am totally with you William, we need the app of choice to do everything the other apps do, I use a pad 99% of the time, and set up unsupported aspects with my laptop, the problem is, I am not getting any younger, and struggle to do stuff on the fly in that 1% moment with an unfamiliar platform.

I am still very happy with the x and hope to buy another as soon as I get the stamp of approval on the purchase of maui 44.

Not holding my breath.

Cheers guys.

Kev

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »
I think I told you guys about a gig I do where the wi fi inteference was horrific, I returned there last night and my x and pad and external router behaved well for three hours, juts before my last show I went for a beer and took my pad with me, walked back to the stage which is quite a way away and Doh, I could not connect to my x air ,I panicked closing the app, and restarting it and then went in to settings in the pad, and it had connected to the network in the pub where I bought a beer,

Now I have " ask to join networks " toggled green on my pad, why is my pad connecting without asking me, the pub wi fi was not a network I have ever used?

Cheers

Kev

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #368 on: September 15, 2015, 11:54:56 AM »
Now I have " ask to join networks " toggled green on my pad, why is my pad connecting without asking me, the pub wi fi was not a network I have ever used?
It should NOT be green. And you should really follow my advice in the FAQ and forget all networks before every gig. Many public networks share a name so if you ever joined one of those open networks you'll auto join any other with the same name. That's a HUGE problem with the iPad IMO.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #369 on: September 15, 2015, 12:08:07 PM »
Hi rr

I am totally bewildered now,

English is my first language, but the comment below from ios makes no sense

Toggle the " ask to join networks " switch green,

ask to join networks, known networks  will be joined automatically, if no known networks are available  you will have to manually select a network.

So why does my pad ask for the password for my router every time ?
And why didn't it ask if I wanted free internet in the ale house where I bought a pint, before it severed the link with my own router, this contradicts the statement above?..

Yes I know about forget this network, but you have to join and know the password to a network before you can forget it, how about a " this is the only network I want to use for the next five hours " button.

And how about mackie and behringer link the initiation of the app to a specific router,

Cheers

Kev

« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:11:26 PM by Kev tyler »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #370 on: September 15, 2015, 12:41:24 PM »
It will not "sever" the link to your router - but it will seek out another network if it loses contact with yours. Apple assumes you'll never use an iDevice to connect to other than the internet so any network will do. Piss poor design IMO but you can get around it. And as I said the network in the pub was probably open and had the same name as one it knows - I've had that happen before myself. Oh, and I found the text for that switch DOES NOT toggle correctly when I just tried it so may not match the state of the switch :facepalm: .

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #371 on: September 15, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »
Hi mate. Its weird  i can mix my show from outside this pub usually without a problem. The pad has probaly seen a stronger signal with net access and made my mind up for me. Its my first and last pad. I only bought it as i was pretty sure i was going down the dl route. But not needed for x air.

Cheers.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #372 on: September 21, 2015, 11:53:41 AM »
Ok guys

So regardless of the state of that switch, my pad always asks for the password of my router. Is there a way I can get it to stick?

Thanks

Kev

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #373 on: September 21, 2015, 01:52:07 PM »
No idea what that's about. Should only have to tell it once.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #374 on: September 21, 2015, 04:25:26 PM »
Yes it's odd,

As someone suggested maybe it just won't remember a password where there is not internet access.