Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 179727 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2015, 02:08:17 AM »
With all due respect Robbo I will refrain from pointing out what you aspired to being, a "moderator" to what end and with no time for it.
Your support on the JL issue has not escaped me and I am grateful for it.
That been said I recognize that we will have our differing opinions and target audience. The people that already own a DL are painfully aware of it's short comings and are not my target audience other than for workarounds and techniques. It's the potential customers that I seek to inform about the product. Drama is always a good attention getter rather than just dry facts as I'm sure you would agree. One can get lots of accolades from most any of the vendor sites unfortunately they never point out the marginal claims or the real world usage. You get that here. If there is anyone kicking sand in their faces including yours and mine it's Mackie.  Your rather fatalistic view that they are "stuck" with it I find quite unrealistic, NO-ONE is in that position or should not be. One of the very reasons for alternatives and or workarounds provided here. On the subject of honey, a lot of it already went over the dam but you can't be aware of it since you're not privy to my communications with Mackie and others. Best to refrain from making up conjectures and conclusions on your part.
Peace.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2015, 07:32:22 PM »
With all due respect Robbo I will refrain from pointing out what you aspired to being, a "moderator" to what end and with no time for it.
Your support on the JL issue has not escaped me and I am grateful for it.
That been said I recognize that we will have our differing opinions and target audience. The people that already own a DL are painfully aware of it's short comings and are not my target audience other than for workarounds and techniques. It's the potential customers that I seek to inform about the product. Drama is always a good attention getter rather than just dry facts as I'm sure you would agree. One can get lots of accolades from most any of the vendor sites unfortunately they never point out the marginal claims or the real world usage. You get that here. If there is anyone kicking sand in their faces including yours and mine it's Mackie.  Your rather fatalistic view that they are "stuck" with it I find quite unrealistic, NO-ONE is in that position or should not be. One of the very reasons for alternatives and or workarounds provided here. On the subject of honey, a lot of it already went over the dam but you can't be aware of it since you're not privy to my communications with Mackie and others. Best to refrain from making up conjectures and conclusions on your part.
Peace.
The moderator quip was tongue in cheek WK, I was smiling when I wrote it but that didn't come across.
The people "stuck" are perhaps people who've bought the DL on finance, or are on tight budgets who can't afford to jump ship. They may truly be stuck. I don't know them but I feel for them. I'm happy and confident with my purchase so it doesn't bother me. I just feel I have to redress the balance sometimes as a very satisfied customer. No malice involved, I have respect for you not only as my elder, but as an obviously knowledgeable gentleman. I have the benefit and experience of c30 years in the music business (and other ventures) so I've accrued a little knowledge here and there too. If something doesn't sit with me I like to have my say, just as you do. As a generally empathetic person I was enraged at JL's behaviour towards you so I had to speak up. I'm not on a personal crusade against you or anyone one else but I'll give my 2p worth when I feel I need to. That's just who I am. I need to chill and worry about  things closer to home.
Later WK! ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 09:56:15 PM »
Agreed. Sometimes how we come across in "the moment" can bite us in the ars. Case in point "Ok. I'll admit it. I'm an A&H fanboy...." if you know what I mean. I believe we both have invested a fair amount of time in this forum and will continue to do that.  :)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 10:07:45 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2015, 11:14:29 PM »
Agreed. Sometimes how we come across in "the moment" can bite us in the ars. Case in point "Ok. I'll admit it. I'm an A&H fanboy...." if you know what I mean. I believe we both have invested a fair amount of time in this forum and will continue to do that.  :)
Lol, you got me there for sure. Ten or so mixers later it's hard to deny that I'm fond of A&H.
Now if I buy a second Mackie product, feel free to call me what you like :thu: ;)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2015, 01:23:16 AM »
Lol, you got me there for sure. Ten or so mixers later it's hard to deny that I'm fond of A&H.
Now if I buy a second Mackie product, feel free to call me what you like :thu: ;)
How about a snowballs chance in hell while that Qu-Pac exists at almost the same price as a full blown DL.  ;) Although that UK monetary system can throw you off.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:25:44 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2015, 07:41:38 AM »
How about a snowballs chance in hell while that Qu-Pac exists at almost the same price as a full blown DL.  ;) Although that UK monetary system can throw you off.
For me there is no choice! (I'm a sucker for pretty face ;))

Sir Krang

• Padawan
..maybe a little off topic..but hey
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2015, 09:12:02 AM »
For me there is no choice! (I'm a sucker for pretty face ;))
I'm also a sucker for a pretty face...and for my taste in "pretty faces" I simply can't go past our own  magnificently beautiful, red head Aussie actress Sarah Snook. (Small parts of me are quivering with excitement LOL)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:16 AM »
Very pretty for sure!

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2015, 10:06:10 AM »
Cheapest I can find a Qu-Pac in the UK is £1299, on Pre-order (available March 31st.......), the DL1608 costs around £750. OTOH, You can buy a Qu16 for under £1500 making the Qu-Pac poor value....

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2015, 05:53:02 PM »
Cheapest I can find a Qu-Pac in the UK is £1299, on Pre-order (available March 31st.......), the DL1608 costs around £750. OTOH, You can buy a Qu16 for under £1500 making the Qu-Pac poor value....
To be fair in comparing costs you need to throw in at least a iPad mini 3 cost to the DL1608 otherwise it won't work. :) The DL cost better be the lightning connector version as well.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:03:38 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2015, 10:54:15 PM »
The Qu-Pac is also 50% more than a Berry X32 Rack, any way you cut it it's expensive for what it offers.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2015, 11:05:01 PM »
The Qu-Pac is also 50% more than a Berry X32 Rack, any way you cut it it's expensive for what it offers.
It's a lot of money.
Would it be a significant enough step up in quality for it to replace my DL at that price? I don't know.
I like the fact I could connect my stagebox to get 38 channels, but I dread the thought of mixing mostly on the current Qu-Pad app.
(I know it can all be done from the screen on the qu-pac but the iPad will probably be the main controller most of the time)
I'm always glad to get back to the actual desk when I'm using that app, that says a lot.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:18:32 PM by robbocurry »

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2015, 11:32:42 PM »
It's a lot of money.
Would it be a significant enough step up in quality for it to replace my DL at that price? I don't know.
I like the fact I could connect my stagebox to get 38 channels, but I dread the thought of mixing mostly on the current Qu-Pad app.
(I know it can all be done from the screen on the qu-pac but the iPad will probably be the main controller most of the time)
I'm always glad to get back to the actual desk when I'm using that app, that says a lot.

Quality? I seriously doubt it (except for better reverbs) IMO the DL is very good sounding. The X32 is equally good sounding and is cheaper than the Qu series across the board. If you already have bought into the A&H system then it may make sense but they are all building in China, with all the reliability issues (or not) that implies so when I needed faders I couldn't get past the price of the X32 range and that's where I jumped in the end.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2015, 12:10:29 AM »
Somebody needs to knock on A&H's door in the UK and ask why such a disparity with US pricing. The X32 rack is $1199 the Qu-Pac is $1499 that's a $300 difference last time I did the math, far from 50%.
When in doubt KISS

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2015, 12:15:42 AM »
X32 Rack £890, UK price, Qu-Pac (vapourware) £1299-1499, close enough to 150% for me. You're right WK UK prices suck.....