Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 179657 times)

James91104

• Knight
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #165 on: February 27, 2015, 06:38:37 PM »
FYI the PC,Mac,Linux beta .5.1 of X-Air Edit has been released. Moving right along.

As expected

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2015, 01:51:44 AM »
FYI the PC,Mac,Linux beta .5.1 of X-Air Edit has been released. Moving right along.

As expected

And as expected, the whining, moaning, and bitching of infants and toddlers. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2015, 02:34:28 AM »

As expected

I’m hoping you never consider anyone here on the forum as being whining, moaning, bitching infants and toddlers?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2015, 03:14:15 AM »
Just wondering, is anyone in Behringer land annoyed at hardware being released with beta software?
Edit: Didn't see previous three posts. Didn't know the target audience was so young....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 03:18:16 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2015, 03:28:02 AM »
Just wondering, is anyone in Behringer land annoyed at hardware being released with beta software?
Edit: Didn't see previous three posts. Didn't know the target audience was so young....
V1.0 of MF was also quite shaky. Remember there are two non Beta apps as well (iPad & Android). At least the infants and toddlers aren't sticking their heads in a urinal and flushing. ;)
When in doubt KISS

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2015, 04:40:10 AM »

As expected

I’m hoping you never consider anyone here on the forum as being whining, moaning, bitching infants and toddlers?
Negative. I think we have all earned stripes and moved beyond training diapers what with all the trials and tribulations of our shared,past, and ongoing collective DL experiences.
Fact is I am not surprised by the early frustration exhibited and rather expected it due to to the entry-level appeal of the X-Air series to a greater inexperienced demographic in platform and peripheral literacy. Following along, sitting in the bleachers is seemingly like watching reality TV, all the while observing the customer-manufacturer space and time continuim.
Wisdom prevailing, growing pains are to be expected and should be allowed for the product, however due diligence is incumbent of the end-user customer.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2015, 08:04:01 AM »
V1.0 of MF was also quite shaky. Remember there are two non Beta apps as well (iPad & Android). At least the infants and toddlers aren't sticking their heads in a urinal and flushing. ;)
Ta for the update.  :)
Regarding the urinal. Yuk! Perish the thought lol!
The older I get, the better I was!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »

As expected

Negative. I think we have all earned stripes and moved beyond training diapers what with all the trials and tribulations of our shared,past, and ongoing collective DL experiences.
Fact is I am not surprised by the early frustration exhibited and rather expected it due to to the entry-level appeal of the X-Air series to a greater inexperienced demographic in platform and peripheral literacy. Following along, sitting in the bleachers is seemingly like watching reality TV, all the while observing the customer-manufacturer space and time continuim.
Wisdom prevailing, growing pains are to be expected and should be allowed for the product, however due diligence is incumbent of the end-user customer.

Hi James,

I apologize for even thinking you might have even gone that way.  :-[
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2015, 05:19:07 PM »
I would read it more as grumbling about the lack of continuity across the software and staggered release times. Bear in mind, much has happened in just the short 10 or so days of product release and first posts in the new X-Air section of the user forum.
Not young in age necessarily, though would expect, but young in experience and basic understanding and comprehension of the idiom, audio 101, computers (PC/Mac) and the variant of OS`s, IP implementation and limitations, iOS & Android and the requisite and myriad of pertinent device,app and OS combinations.
The series may well have a democratising effect more so than any other similarly marketed device, something similar to, rewind 20 plus years, to Greg Mackie`s first mixers and the seemingly ubiquitous effect of finding a Mackie mixer in every Gin Joint, High School, and Prayer House.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #174 on: March 01, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
Remember there are two non Beta apps as well (iPad & Android).

If by non-beta you mean not even beta, but just a mockup. Behringer has acknowledged that that's what the iPad app is.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #175 on: March 01, 2015, 01:58:52 PM »
If by non-beta you mean not even beta, but just a mockup. Behringer has acknowledged that that's what the iPad app is.

So, they're shipping a device that can't be used as intended? Nice.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2015, 01:59:18 PM »
The OS X beta looks pretty great, though. I hope the final iPad app is more like that, with dyn & EQ visible in the strip when enabled, and graphical parametric EQ.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
So, they're shipping a device that can't be used as intended? Nice.

Both Mackie and QSC shipped with, at best, minimally functional iPad apps.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2015, 04:27:13 PM »
Remember there are two non Beta apps as well (iPad & Android).

As I've stated in the past I don't comment on something I have no first hand knowledge off, a piece of advise you should probably follow. I'm using that "mockup" as you say to control the XR18. Must be one hell of a simulation with ESP. ;D If your talking about the demo well that's what it is since you need a mixer for functionality. Can't mix on MF without a DL now can we.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 04:32:40 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2015, 05:51:35 PM »
If your talking about the demo well that's what it is since you need a mixer for functionality.

The Mac editor does all the things the iPad doesn't, even in demo mode, without an X18 attached. I'm basing my claim on this quote:

The iPad app is not fully functional at this point, not only with the FX but the P16 end of things and the RTA end to name a few.

Perhaps my source is wrong. Can you indeed switch effects from your iPad? RTA all good? Uli's personal response to that post was that there's a new version coming.

The thing I actually am curious about, is do the Dynamics and EQ display in the channel strip when enabled? QSC's don't, and it drives me nuts. The Mac X-Air Edit does, so I'm hoping the iPad will as well.