Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 179700 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2015, 06:24:39 PM »
I set all of my mixers to 192.168.0.128, same as Yamaha's default. Plug in whatever, and go. I only have to do something about it if I'm running a submixer or multiple stages.
What do you set your iPads to?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #211 on: March 05, 2015, 06:39:29 PM »
There is an advantage to using a static IP address for the mixers and ipads.  Then you can limit the devices that your WiFi sees.  Adds another layer of difficulty for hackers without a performance penalty. 

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #212 on: March 05, 2015, 06:40:29 PM »
What do you set your iPads to?

DHCP, for now. I'm looking at the EnGenius ENS500EXT Long Range WAP for graduations, though, in which case I'll sit down and make a chart and static them all, at least when connecting to that WAP.

Which one are you getting?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2015, 06:49:50 PM »
Unfortunately in typical half baked Mackie fashion I see no way to set the mask. No info either. Using what port etc.?  Maybe someone could call tech support and squeeze it out of them.
Gets worst they have no means of deleting the one fixed IP address . Pure amateur job.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:30:23 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #214 on: March 05, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »
Unfortunately in typical half baked Mackie fashion I see no way to set the mask. No info either. Using what port etc.?  Maybe someone could call tech support and squeeze it out of them.
Gets worst they have no means of deleting the one fixed IP address . Pure amateur job.
I had to enter a Mask? and a Gateway - can't figure out what good that does to the DL1608? I set the IP to 192.168.0.168 ( 1608 without the zero ;) , the mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1 just because .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #215 on: March 05, 2015, 10:03:15 PM »
I had to enter a Mask? and a Gateway - can't figure out what good that does to the DL1608? I set the IP to 192.168.0.168 ( 1608 without the zero ;) , the mask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1 just because .
Could be since I did this without the DL connected so they ask for a mask and gateway that's good. Does the delete (red minus symbol) show up in setup when connected?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:05:17 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #216 on: March 05, 2015, 11:14:30 PM »
Could be since I did this without the DL connected so they ask for a mask and gateway that's good. Does the delete (red minus symbol) show up in setup when connected?
I've got it packed up again, I'll try to remember to look when next I have it out (probably not until the AP comes in). So, why does the DL1608 need to know the gateway (AKA router) address? Obviously I'm not going to have one...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:18:42 PM by RoadRanger »

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #217 on: March 06, 2015, 06:55:44 PM »
for every user who wants 32 channels there are probably 100 dying for a decent compact desk,
More like 1000 IMO. But I suppose if Behringer could overcome their past reputation to become the #1 selling digital mixer family Mackie has a shot too :) .

RR, before Mackie, all I ever owned was Behringer analog boards and never had any issues.  Even with their FX, Cross-overs, EQ units.  They did have a bad rap in the past, but that may have been close to a decade ago.  I can't stand their speakers though.  Even with EQ, they sound boxy. Who makes a good monitor speaker is Altos.  I have two of their TR112's and our drummer uses a TR115.  800 watts for under $300 US isn't bad.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #218 on: March 08, 2015, 11:21:21 AM »
Had to do a gig through another acts Behringer plastic 12s yesterday, bloody horrible, the lady said next time you come back we will have Loads of these new  berry versions with the MP3 player built in..

:facepalm:

99% of the acts I know here use berry mixers, I would say they are pretty reliable and are good value. But the speakers, yuk.

Mackie seem to be beating all of their speakers with the ugly stick lately too.

Kev

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #219 on: March 08, 2015, 03:47:15 PM »
Had to do a gig through another acts Behringer plastic 12s yesterday, bloody horrible, the lady said next time you come back we will have Loads of these new  berry versions with the MP3 player built in..
:facepalm:
99% of the acts I know here use berry mixers, I would say they are pretty reliable and are good value. But the speakers, yuk.
Mackie seem to be beating all of their speakers with the ugly stick lately too.
Kev
Actually the higher end Behringer speakers are pretty decent - I have a pair of B412DSP's that I don't use anymore solely due to their being stoopid heavy . One of our fellow DL owners has the newer Neo version of those and they are MUCH lighter and still sound fine. I also have four of their low end B208D's and - while they have a bit of their own "sound" - they are fine too, I've used them at weddings and other low volume gigs for both canned music and live. I've even used them behind a 7 piece classic rock group with no subs or monitors! (Wynn would be lovin that ;) ). I've used a pair of the older B215A's as monitors too (venue's rig) and had no problem with them. I've never used their passives but I assume the same thing would happen as with my Peavey PR10 actives vs passives - the actives sound quite a bit better due to the processing and biamping.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #220 on: March 09, 2015, 07:58:52 PM »
My mates use the cheap berry 12s RR, they are ok, but you know what I mean, yes they have their own sound that's fair,

I don't know how thomann make any money on them, as they seem to vacation in Germany a lot, I offered to repair a blown 12 neo for one bloke, the care group where very efficient to be fair and offerd to ship a new chassis to Alicante for 200 euros, the whole speaker can be bought and delivered with guarantee for 222?

Incredible disposable world in which we live

Kev

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2015, 09:08:09 PM »
The xr18 is something I'd be interested in but it needs to be cheaper in the UK and work as expected. Looks like a few have been sent back by owners due to problems software & hardware related, not encouraging for a potential buyer. Plus, iOS seems to be getting less priority than other versions of the control software which sucks for me.
All the flapping at the Behringer forum looks to have distracted a few of the regular posters here.
All quiet on the Mackie front, everything working as it should be! (For me anyway!) :)
The older I get, the better I was!

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #222 on: March 14, 2015, 09:23:49 PM »
Yep. All I'm hearing is that the iPad app is incomplete, and not user friendly.

Had a wonderful gig last night with my rock solid, consistent DL ver 2. It was a new band for me, and I'm convinced I had the best mix I've ever had at this club.

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2015, 10:16:22 PM »
The xr18 is something I'd be interested in but it needs to be cheaper in the UK and work as expected. Looks like a few have been sent back by owners due to problems software & hardware related, not encouraging for a potential buyer. Plus, iOS seems to be getting less priority than other versions of the control software which sucks for me.
All the flapping at the Behringer forum looks to have distracted a few of the regular posters here.
All quiet on the Mackie front, everything working as it should be! (For me anyway!) :)

I offer if nothing else other than opinion that a majority of issues with the XR18 is due to pilot error, based on my having monitored the new X-Air Forum category since its inception.
For the most part would it not be a fair statement to say that anything produced outside of the E.U. needs to be cheaper for you in the U.K. ?
The iOS app is apparently the weakest in the HW/SW link, resulting in the most to be desired for addressing.
Quiet here I would suggest due to a lot of thunder elsewhere in the industry and retail market, and in all fairness to Mackie, the relatively recent releases and response to issues from Woodinville.
I would be very interested in the numbers of units shipped, sold, and ultimately returned of all brands & models from the various manufacturers of this market segment, just to be real when discussing.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2015, 11:00:34 PM »
Yep. All I'm hearing is that the iPad app is incomplete, and not user friendly.

Had a wonderful gig last night with my rock solid, consistent DL ver 2. It was a new band for me, and I'm convinced I had the best mix I've ever had at this club.

I was one of those who voiced the opinion that the B*******r app(s) were not ready for prime time. I had another look at it yesterday, and there have been some changes to it since I last looked. It's still not as friendly as the Master Fader/My Fader combination. But, there have been some additions that I didn't see in the previous iteration, and it's actually starting to be a pretty nice app. I would say that, if the XR18 had been available when I bought my DL (with the software at the point it is now), I'd've probably bought the XR18.

With that said, I am still quite pleased with my DL1608, and feel no particular compulsion to ditch it for what may or may not be greener pastures. I would love to have a recallable gain control, but having the trim in MF3 is a help. If Mackie were to decide to come out with 18- or 24-channel rack-mount version, I would be tempted to melt a credit card for that.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA