Author Topic: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video  (Read 181464 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: X18 X18R X16R X12R Details & Video
« Reply #330 on: April 28, 2015, 05:08:10 PM »
Well I am sorry to go with the enemy, but I have just ordered the x air  12, I hope it's ok, my mum will have my guts for garters if i get it home and I don't like it.

:)
For your sake I hope they have another round of updates before you get your XR12. :)
As you know I'm a well documented non Beh! fan, but I'm drawn to this wee device.

Just like me. Like a moth to flame?  ::)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #331 on: April 28, 2015, 05:21:53 PM »
That's a bit of a trek from the Rainy City  :(

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #332 on: April 28, 2015, 05:25:01 PM »
That's a bit of a trek from the Rainy City  :(
I was over in Manchester last Thursday & Friday too !! :facepalm:
The older I get, the better I was!

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #333 on: April 28, 2015, 07:35:44 PM »
Well I am sorry to go with the enemy, but I have just ordered the x air  12, I hope it's ok, my mum will have my guts for garters if i get it home and I don't like it.

:)
For your sake I hope they have another round of updates before you get your XR12. :)
Not good to go then WK, would caution be advised?
I was just about to hit the button on more gear again!! :facepalm:
As you know I'm a well documented non Beh! fan, but I'm drawn to this wee device.
At the rate they are going I would not be to concerned but like the DL it will take time to mature. Anyone asking for my preference at this time I would have to say X32 rack. Of course if that's overkill then just hold your horses a bit. I don't know what they did to get there from the XR18.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:40:39 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #334 on: April 29, 2015, 11:30:15 AM »
If they had been shipping either the X18 or the XR18 when I was in the position to purchase, I probably would have gone with it, even though I don't like the software as much as the Mackie, if only because of the ability to control/recall the preamps.
With V3 Mackie has come a long way towards making their software as weird as Behringer's ;) .

I actually found something I like much better in the Behringer software: To name channels (scribble strip) on the Behringer, you have to go to the Setup menu. On the Mackie, if you as much as touch the scribble strip, the edit menu pops up. That's annoying during a show if you accidentally touch the scribble strip.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #335 on: April 29, 2015, 11:40:25 AM »
Once the gig's underway I switch them off in the access tab along with the solos. It makes them look a bit dull but helps with my clumsy big fingers!

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #336 on: April 29, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »
Once the gig's underway I switch them off in the access tab along with the solos. It makes them look a bit dull but helps with my clumsy big fingers!

I didn't realize you could do that! Thanks!
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #337 on: April 30, 2015, 11:55:58 AM »
Hey guys

I said I have ordered one :)

But I wasn't planning on using it too soon, it was a case of wanting one I think over needing one but I thought after aggravating people for years about the lack of a small digi mixer, I should do the right thing and splash the cash, I am told that the options on this desk will blow my mind, but there's not much of it  left,

This dufus was struggling with his new Allen heath of late and now I know why, in my haste to get out working with it, I re wired the rack and had my subs running from the low power amp, and the mids from the high power amp, yeah no wonder it sounded odd, argh well what's a few burn out compression drivers?

Has anyone noticed how expensive gear is becoming in euros from thomann, recently I have purchased a dcx x over, a and h desk and both have jumped significantly in price, my new x was 360 euros. Hardly the 299 dollars that people suggested months ago,

Agh well it's only money.

Cheers

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #338 on: May 07, 2015, 12:47:48 AM »
Hey guys

I said I have ordered one :)

But I wasn't planning on using it too soon, it was a case of wanting one I think over needing one but I thought after aggravating people for years about the lack of a small digi mixer, I should do the right thing and splash the cash, I am told that the options on this desk will blow my mind, but there's not much of it  left,

This dufus was struggling with his new Allen heath of late and now I know why, in my haste to get out working with it, I re wired the rack and had my subs running from the low power amp, and the mids from the high power amp, yeah no wonder it sounded odd, argh well what's a few burn out compression drivers?

Has anyone noticed how expensive gear is becoming in euros from thomann, recently I have purchased a dcx x over, a and h desk and both have jumped significantly in price, my new x was 360 euros. Hardly the 299 dollars that people suggested months ago,

Agh well it's only money.

Cheers
Well Kev, has it arrived yet? :)
The older I get, the better I was!

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #339 on: May 07, 2015, 01:08:20 AM »

Here in the States, the X12 does sell for $300.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #340 on: May 07, 2015, 07:56:21 AM »
They did over here when they didn't have any :facepalm:

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #341 on: May 07, 2015, 09:22:34 AM »
hi guys

It's arrived and I am impressed, it's a heavy little solid feeling box of loveliness, not what I was expecting at all, it does not feel like a cheap product, only had ten minutes so far to play with it, the joys of fatherhood I guess,  I had no problem connecting my pad and laptop to it, and I am hoping to actually connect pa and source today, so I will let you know how I get on, it's early days but I think I am going to be a happy bunny,

Many thanks

Kev

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #342 on: May 07, 2015, 03:19:53 PM »
Nice one Kev  :thu:

Greg C.

• Forty-Two
  • Knight
    • Cameron Pro Audio
« Reply #343 on: May 07, 2015, 03:59:17 PM »
Finally got my XR18 yesterday. Pretty cool little box.
Procrastinators of the World, Contemplate Uniting!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2015, 05:39:29 PM »
Looking forward to some honest comparisons - obviously negatives are you can't hard-wire an iPad, and you have to carry a laptop if you want to use channels 17 and 18 I think?