Author Topic: New visitors to the forum! White noise. Sync problems. Erectile dysfunction  (Read 10054 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Welcome to the forum.  :)
Here are a few pointers to help you navigate between the truths and lies:
1. Please be advised that there are many different opinions here on the forum regarding the DL series of mixers.
2. Do not take post frequency and reply length as a sign of unchallenged authority or knowledge on any issue.
3. Some people posting do not currently, or have never owned a DL series mixer. They will not identify themselves but will usually have plenty to say.
4. The minority may seem like the majority and vice-versa. What becomes "reality" is directly proportional to the amount of time one has to post. :)
5. Facts do not have to be backed up with proof but with long winded posts and condescension. The truth? Who needs that anyway, it's the internet!
6. Mackie will be attacked frequently and blamed for everything, even climate change and global recession. But remember, if it wasn't for them, you wouldn't be here!
7. Try to avoid being sidetracked by following hyperlinks to rambling boredomsville.
8. Don't forget your pinch of salt with every "known fact" or statistic!
9. Behringer have their own forum but why go there? Stay here and agitate people who prefer not to buy that brand. "False Superiority Complex" is the name of the game!
10. Beware of the forum narcissist(s) - their traits will soon become obvious if you stick around here long enough.
11. The DL1608 is actually a great little mixer, getting better all the time. There are thousands of happy customers. If you want to make coffee, buy a coffee machine.
12. Abandon hope all ye who enter here. (with thanks to Keyboard Magic - MMXIV)
13. RoadRanger is the King of this forum, it's his to rule over and don't forget it!
14. Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. (KM)
15. All generalizations are false, including this one. (KM)(MT)

Dear new visitor, best of luck as you navigate through this forum :thu: :)

UPDATE: Please feel free to add your additions to this list. Maybe I can flog this dead horse of a subject up to 18001 views! (RR permitting) ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:34:08 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

WJF

• Padawan
Re: Message to new visitors to the forum
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 08:03:38 PM »
LOL!! Sage advise indeed ... new visitors take notice!   :)

redwood

• Padawan
Re: Message to new visitors to the forum
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
IOW, caveat emptor, it's the internet!

thanks robbo ;)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Links between the elusive DL1608 "white noise", occasional sync problems and erectile dysfunction are being researched as we speak.
One suspected victim, Edgar Pudding, is quoted as saying:
"There I was, minding my own business, in bed with my wife on my iPad.
Then I read a post about random white noise blasts from the DL1608 and it put me right off.
Haven't been able to perform ever since, it's the fear you see. The fear of the unknown."

Stay tuned here for further updates from the people who know. Everything.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
11: "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"  No? ;)

It's all bound to get a "rise" out of someone sometime somehow.  :facepalm:

« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:06:44 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master

LOL - added!

Keyboard Magic

• Master

LOL - added!

Thanks! Just trying to keep things light after your particular discussions with another member. I hope things work out.

12: "Welcome to Hooterville"  from the 1965 TV Show Green Acres
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 01:55:09 AM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

mtsens1

• Padawan
If were me, and if I had the 'white noise issue', I would not keep doing the same things that cause it. Seems like it it may occur when using an older ipad in conjunction with playing music with certain 3rd party app's, un-docking, whatever, if you know it will cause a problem, don't do it. If you cant live without repeating the scenario, sell it and try something else. It's real boring and bush league to see how many hit's one can get, and continuously bumping their thread to the top, whining about their isolated problems. Some people have hate issues with certain brands, so be it, but don't torture us with your problems. I think we've all seen enough of this. Time to move on.

CyberHippy

• Padawan
  • Bass Bass Bass

DAMMIT I CAME HERE TO SAY THAT  :o

Naw, it's all good. Are we expecting a flood of DL32R potential users on the forum?

Gotta say, when the 1608 came out I made a case for the potential of a 32 channel rack-mount version (probably on the old forum). Unfortunately now that it's almost here I'm not in the market (I have access to a Soundcraft Expression3 that keeps me smiling) but I do hope for the sake of future users that Mackie has improved the reverb algorithms or dedicated more DSP to that function.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
If were me, and if I had the 'white noise issue', I would not keep doing the same things that cause it. Seems like it it may occur when using an older ipad in conjunction with playing music with certain 3rd party app's, un-docking, whatever, if you know it will cause a problem, don't do it. If you cant live without repeating the scenario, sell it and try something else. It's real boring and bush league to see how many hit's one can get, and continuously bumping their thread to the top, whining about their isolated problems. Some people have hate issues with certain brands, so be it, but don't torture us with your problems. I think we've all seen enough of this. Time to move on.
My sentiments exactly!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: New visitors to the forum! White noise. Sync problems. Erectile dysfunction
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 02:10:19 AM »
Another one or two for Welcome to the forum:

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

This is not mine for sure, but a quote from Mark Twain. Very apropos?  ;)

Just in case.... "All generalizations are false, including this one"   Another Mark Twain quote.

Too much time on my hands.  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 02:15:40 AM by Keyboard Magic »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2014, 10:00:40 AM »
Lol KM, you are a mine of useful quotes! I'm in bed on my phone, I'll add those later when I get on the computer!

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »
Lol KM, you are a mine of useful quotes! I'm in bed on my phone, I'll add those later when I get on the computer!

Thanks! just trying to help out.  ;) Way too much spare time.  You should really take the phone out of the bed first, then use it.  :laugh:

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 04:25:12 AM »
Lol, I see what you did there. I wondered why I couldn't sleep properly à la Princess and The Pea.  8)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2014, 09:21:44 PM »
Here's a few more....

"Our biggest problem is apathy – but who cares?"

"We have standards and expect you not to exceed them."

And last but not least... "Laugh at yourself before anyone else can... "

;)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 09:29:44 PM by Keyboard Magic »