Author Topic: Master Fader 3.0 Public Beta Test  (Read 19896 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master Fader 3.0 Public Beta Test
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 11:47:00 PM »
You just made a lot of people happy.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 12:42:18 AM »
White noise issue should be fixed in 3.0.
Could you elaborate on the problem's solution?
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 12:45:43 AM »
do you have a ballpark release date on My Fader 3? Is it weeks or months away?

Don't have a good estimate now but it is will definitely not be in November. Our goal is December but no guarantees.
Ah yes, just in time for NAMM 2015. You don't suppose  we could get a Christmas present? What about the "white noise" issue, is it solved or at least identified?

You dreaming of a white Christmas?
More like a Mackie nightmare with wishful thinking on BenO's part.
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 01:27:11 AM »
This is great news for the ten people who had the white noise issue, once upon a time :)
The older I get, the better I was!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 05:39:58 AM »

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 10:30:00 AM »
Thank's Beno, that's progress, can't speak for the other nine victims however!!!! er... how about the sync problem? Mine f**ked up in the middle of recording a gig last saturday night, of course the band rekoned it was the best song in the set.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 10:43:51 AM »
Thank's Beno, that's progress, can't speak for the other nine victims however!!!! er... how about the sync problem? Mine f**ked up in the middle of recording a gig last saturday night, of course the band rekoned it was the best song in the set.
LOL, isn't that always the way?!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:23:00 AM by robbocurry »
The older I get, the better I was!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 05:43:21 PM »
[...] how about the sync problem? Mine f**ked up in the middle of recording a gig last saturday night, of course the band rekoned it was the best song in the set.
I've not seen the recording interrupted by a "disconnect" unless you unplug the iPad to try to "fix" it? But I'm using Voice Record Pro, not the Master Fader "recorder".

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 11:28:08 PM »
Are you saying that you were a Beta tester and using MF3.0 for the gig?
When in doubt KISS

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 11:46:03 PM »
Are you saying that you were a Beta tester and using MF3.0 for the gig?

No, sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm still on MF2.1, I use this thing to earn my living and will wait until others check out MF3.0. I don't often dock since mine has the white noise problem and I'm trying not to loose my clients! Just did it the other night as the band wanted a recording, didn't realise until then that I had the sync problem as well. Other recordings have gone OK in the past, but I don't often do it. I don't have the time or inclination to do Mackie's job for them. I just need it to work properly. Apart from these problems I am very happy with it after 18 months intensive use. I should add that when I say docked it was in fact with my mini connected with the apple lightning to 30 pin connector. This config has also never yet had the white noise problem, that was with my iPad3 docked normally.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 11:50:43 PM by pytchley »

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2014, 03:27:28 AM »
Back to the OP's title and request. The way I read this it is a early release of a Public Beta of MF3.0 for 100 testers. Beta testing (my XP days for M$) that I'm aware of requires at least a month or more and trouble reports are then processed and problems fixed for a final Release Candidate. Since the request was made on 11/10/14 and the MF 3.0 App was posted on 11/17/14 that leaves 7 days 5 of which are Apple processing for the App store. I doubt if any changes (show stoppers) for your efforts are included as eluded to. So what was released is a PUBLIC BETA and should be treated as such. No respected company would put out a product without the documentation for the product, none exists as of this post further reinforcing the fact that this is a PUBLIC BETA treat it as such. As it turns out debug code is in this version (now being indicated as a Dropbox problem) which can certainly slow response times.

Update there is now a manual, congrats Mackie.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:03:37 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS