Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0 is Here !  (Read 50949 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Re: Master Fader V3.0 is Here!
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2014, 01:27:19 AM »
Hmm... Can't see the fader dB scales on my iPad 2. Can any of yous iPad 3+ users see them?
RR, I see them on my iPad 3 (docked) and iPad Air
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2014, 01:28:27 AM »
1st bug :( - Minor - Can't export settings to dropbox.  I get an "Error Authorizing App" - "Only a limited number of users can receive access tokens while this app in in development mode".  So I ask, why is MF 3.0 in development mode?  FYI, also on iOS 8.1.1

Thanks. This is an issue on the back end. We are looking into it.
Thanks Ben
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2014, 01:40:04 AM »
OK, only noodled with it at home for a few minutes (looks amazing), but it appears that when i pull down the little side panel for delay mute/tap time, it shuts off all the visible mixer channels now!

i used to be able to leave that control panel up for tweaking delay times and still use the mixer, but now i can't? i thought this was gonna be an upgrade.

it would be so nice to put the tap tempo button on the delay channel strip itself, maybe where the missing dynamics control zone is, so i didn't need to open up that side control panel thing all the time.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #48 on: November 19, 2014, 01:55:32 AM »
Hmm... Can't see the fader dB scales on my iPad 2. Can any of yous iPad 3+ users see them?

Feigning ignorance here, I take it you mean when the iPad is connected to the DL, docked or wireless? I know even with MF 2.1.1 it was hard to see this when connected to the DL. I honestly haven't tried with MF3 yet. But will make note and append my post after the upcoming gig next week. Don't want to temp fate just yet.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2014, 02:07:22 AM »
Hooray, a trim in the iPad channel! A little odd that it's not paired stereo, and there's no visual indication that it's working. Also, half the time when I try to adjust it, I swipe to the next channel instead.

The pulldown for the clear solo/ mute verb/ etc panel is way better than the slide over. Was there a delay setting for the headphone monitor before? That's cool.

The every i/o overview page is great.

I'm running it now to see if it drops sync.

Just looked at the trim on one of my stereo pairs. That is a bit frustrating when you can pair 2 channels to stereo and use one fader for L&R, but the trim is not paired like you mentioned.  ::) Oversight? Didn't think about it? I know there's going to be bugs, but... I suppose it can be worked around until there are update fixes. What are you gonna do?  :-\
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2014, 02:42:41 AM »
U can switch the trim in stereo mode with left/right, it makes sence to not couple them,if one side is hotter u can still adjust that side

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2014, 04:23:48 AM »
RR, I see them on my iPad 3 (docked) and iPad Air
Thanks, I suspected it is an issue with my non-retina iPads (iPad 2 and original Mini) :( .

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2014, 05:01:00 AM »
I can see them on both my ipad 2 and ipad mini (without the retina display.)  They are small and hard to see, and I would like to see them larger and better color.  Be aware that the numbers on the left side of the fader are L/R, Groups. VCAs, and mute groups.  (In that order from the top.  Color codes apply too.)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2014, 05:25:08 AM »
I can see them on both my ipad 2 and ipad mini (without the retina display.)  They are small and hard to see, and I would like to see them larger and better color.
I can "see" them with a magnifying glass but can't read them with just my reading glasses - are you saying you can actually read the numbers on the scale?

OTOH The X-Air app has no scales on the faders at all ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:29:27 AM by RoadRanger »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2014, 06:14:24 AM »
I can barely read them on my ipad mini with the screen turned up to the brightest setting.  It's hard and I have variable lens on my glasses.  Maybe just changing them to white letters on the right side of the fader would help.  (They look kind of brown or green to me.)  They are about 1/3 the height of the numbers on the left of the fader.  You know they could probably get rid of the fake fader slot on the channel.  I doubt it's functional and that extra space could allow the use of larger db numbers. 

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2014, 06:16:19 AM »
I'm with Walter on the tap tempo on the actual delay channel so we don't have to constantly open the side window to access the tap button,
NOW.......

even though my description in my earlier BIG post about aux masters not being assignably to a VCA, it looks like I was wrong, I believe from the looks of it AUX masters can indeed be assigned to a VCA.

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the color coding for channels is the bomb! So much more fast efficient way of finding the channel...... RIGHT NOW.

Mackie,,, you guys should be so proud of yourselves.

I bow to everyone there!
I do wish the iPad microphone could be used with the talkback button and routed to the "Apple Airport Express" AIRPLAY

I do wish the talkback button acted like a non-locking digital button,,
hold it down as long as you want to talk, when you are finished talking, release the button and the mic goes off,
or a quick double tap would lock the talkback on, and another subsequent tap would turn it off, like a Clear-Com belt pack.

Just awesome though.     
I feel like Christmas is already here.  ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:16:01 AM by dpdan »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2014, 06:38:34 AM »
They really hit us with a great upgrade.  I just can't call it the December Holiday gift prior to Thanksgiving being over.  (Just refuse to deal with that Holiday early.  I'm not helping any merchant.  Got two birthdays and thanksgiving in one month to deal with.)

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2014, 06:46:24 AM »
First, I want to start with praise to the development of 3.0. Very very nice! The response of the faders is so improved.
While 3.0 has a ton more features and is far more flexible than the previous version, there is one thing I just can not believe got left out.

I don't mean to sound negative but this blew my mind....
please hear me out,

The Aux masters ARE NOT CURRENTLY assignable to a VCA. (Probably should have been named DCA not VCA)  8)

In the event that something terrible happens like really loud feedback in a few monitor mixes or even just one, the engineer almost never knows exactly which mix is causing the feedback.
Once microphone channel 14 starts feeding back into mix 2, any other aux mixes that have channel 14 in it, are also going to now produce the same feedback sounding pitch and cause uncontrollable feedback to rear it's ugly head. Before you know it, people are screaming and holding their ears, but the engineer just wants to go hide somewhere because everyone in the place knows it's his fault, correct? Not so fast....

Couldn't the engineer assign all the aux mix masters to a single mute??? sure.... but assigning all the monitor "speaker" aux mixes to fader (VCA 1 perhaps) and use that as a panic fader to lower all the aux masters at once in case this happens is much better, No, we don't want to suddenly mute all the monitors, then what, what happens when we "UN-mute them? you guessed it, so when do we turn them back on? This is why we need to be able to lower all the aux masters for speaker monitor mixes without having to change the level of each and every mix, and then not having a clue as to where they should be put back to. Yes, that would be a very sensible thing to set up, especially with a mixer having 32 channels and 12 monitor mix capability. BUT........ this can not be done because the design folks who made and tested this new stuff did not think or consider this... but  let's cut  hem some slack....maybe they did and just forgot to incorporate it.

I think anything else could have been designed differently, right or wrong, but this is a must have feature for the VCAs.

Agree?
Anyone?,
Anyone? Bueller?

Beno?  :)

Let's say we have 8 drum mics and they are all assigned to VCA 2.
I think,.... when we move the VCA 2 master, all of the drum mic channel faders should visibly move with the movement of the VCA master that they are assigned to.
Maybe it's just me. I think it is ridiculous these days that digital consoles with moving faders and DCAs also do not move like this. In the old days of analog VCAs, the faders did not physically move because they were not motorized and couldn't, so the VCA "electrically" altered the audio in the channel as opposed to actually moving the fader. It sure would have been nice  back then to look at the drum mic channels and say "gee, i guess the VCA needs to be turned back up.

And another very very simple silly thing would have been to include a brown and grey color choice since many of us use the standard color code, for fast addressing of things. 
1= brown, 2= red, 3= orange, 4= yellow, 5= green, 6= blue, 7= violet, 8= grey, 9= white.

Just by habit all these years for me at least, if I want to lower mix 1 all I have to do is look for the brown Aux master fader for mix 1.... just a silly request. 

OK, nice job though

NOW WHERE'S MY DL32R?

:)
thanks for reading and Beno, please take this info to your guys!

You can assign aux out to any vca ,form the aux  master patch panel at the top of the aux master
If in doubt ask

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2014, 07:17:00 AM »
Topsoe, yep just mentioned that I found that  :)

Dan

MVPSTim

• Initiate
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2014, 06:37:52 PM »
What's with the mute buttons on the aux sends that just follow the channel mute?  Why is there one per aux when you can't activate them independantly?  Are they there as a place holder for this feature in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk