Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0 is Here !  (Read 51053 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master Fader V3.0 is Here!
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2014, 08:44:04 PM »
The default is for the Aux master mute to follow the LR mute unless you select otherwise in the pre/post fader pull down menu.  As far as the individual channels, those mutes are global.  Mute a channel because the bassist is plugging in and you don't want that going through the monitors either.  (or when switching phantom power on.  bad time for un-muted flow.)

Hope that helps.

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »
I can see them on both my ipad 2 and ipad mini (without the retina display.)  They are small and hard to see, and I would like to see them larger and better color.
I can "see" them with a magnifying glass but can't read them with just my reading glasses - are you saying you can actually read the numbers on the scale?

OTOH The X-Air app has no scales on the faders at all ;)
Would be nice if they were a bright bold white on a black background.
I can see them on both my ipad 2 and ipad mini (without the retina display.)  They are small and hard to see, and I would like to see them larger and better color.  Be aware that the numbers on the left side of the fader are L/R, Groups. VCAs, and mute groups.  (In that order from the top.  Color codes apply too.)
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2014, 01:07:05 AM »
What's with the mute buttons on the aux sends that just follow the channel mute?  Why is there one per aux when you can't activate them independantly?  Are they there as a place holder for this feature in the future?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe something to do with DL32R functionality that we can't see on DL1608 or DL806 boards.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2014, 01:26:07 AM »
Default mode is follow the lr mute, under the prefader selection u can unselect this
Then u can mute them independent,

Weogo

• Knight
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2014, 03:03:18 AM »
Hi Mackie Folks,

Thanks for the V3 update!

Several very useful features for me. 
Being able to stack Sub-group EQ with House EQ is handy when I do a talking heads gig with a bunch of open lavaliers;
I'm going to be taking the DSP to fewer shows.

On my Ipad-3 the EQ is a bit jerky and with a bit of delay, but still usable.

Please get MyFader V3 up soon!    : -)

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

LiveEdge.net

MVPSTim

• Initiate
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2014, 04:03:16 AM »
Default mode is follow the lr mute, under the prefader selection u can unselect this
Then u can mute them independent,

That's what I couldn't find.  I guess it's always been there.

gtrdudes

• Padawan
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2014, 07:11:07 AM »
Just got home from my first gig with MF3.0.
Here is a bit of info someone else might find helpful.:

The new version loads the old show from the DL but...  You need to assign all the inputs to LR or group out.  I panicked a little because I didn't leave any extra time,  then figured it out.
And then Murphy's law set in and I had a bad speaker cable.  Go figure.  Always roll with a little back up cableage.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2014, 08:15:34 AM »
With the new 3.0 is there a help menu or user instructions anywhere ?
I watched all the YouTube videos which show a lot of the new features, but I'm
not seeing any user guides on line. 
Is there one incorporated into the software  of the new app ?
Your never to old to learn something stupid

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2014, 08:17:10 AM »
yes,
link to PDF manual for DL32R

http://dl32r.mackie.com/docs/DL32R_OM.pdf
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 08:21:18 AM by dpdan »

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2014, 08:22:29 AM »
Excellent, I am hesitant to load the new app until after I read more about how to operate and do the set up.
I have a show tomorrow night and then have all next week off so I'm thinking about doing the download over the weekend..
Thanks for everyone's great tips and suggestions, it sure makes it better to have this forums "real
people"  support.

Your never to old to learn something stupid

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2014, 08:31:07 AM »
Hi Mackie Guys,

I suspect that you may be stuck between a rock and a hard place  :D   I am sure that Master Fader3 contains some very clever processes, and clearly by the posts on this thread, there are people out there who love the new Master Fader v3, and will be able to make use of it.  However for poor simple folk like me, there is no way that I am going to upgrade.

Our 1608 is used to control the sound system at our church, and at its most when the music group are playing, and we use 10 channels.  We have a team of 4 or 5 people who are non-experts, who take it in turns to run the sound desk.   what we loved about the 2.11 version was the clean and simple lines of the interface - no-one could get lost.  Load up the Show and snapshot, hide the unused channels and we were away.  All very simple and easy.   

The new interface looks very flashy, but is far too complicated for simple folk!!  It would have been good if we were able to switch off and hide the unnecessary bells and whistles !!

A number of the other churches in the team were looking at our system with a view to purchasing as well, but they will probably be put off by the overcomplicated interface.

just my 2p worth  :D

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2014, 09:11:00 AM »
Alex, I think you have hit the nail on the head with the real beauty that the original 1608 had.. minimun features, but enough to provide great sound and control without the need for features found on very expensive sound consoles.

I really suggest that you contact Mackie and ask them if there is a safe way to continue to use the 1608 as it is now and never have to update to 3.0.
I completely understand your use of it and the volunteer people who are already somewhat intimidated with version 2 app.

The added features of 3.0 are absolutely wonderful, but they are only useful if the user understands them completely, otherwise, there is a myriad of ways to accidentally cause something to not work with a single un-intended swipe or touch, and way too much time needed to figure it out if that could even happen with the given operator at hand.

With V3.0 we have features found on very expensive digital consoles, but the biggest single feature and beauty of the 1608 was it's very simple user friendly interface, that is completely gone with V3.0. It sounds like I don't like V3.0 but I do,..... I am a seasoned 58 year young engineer that has spent his life running sound for concerts, corporate shows, conventions, church musical productions and way too many studio recording sessions, but I for one am elated with V.30 but do feel saddened for folks who just want to keep it simple and not EVER be forced to update the app.

My fear for you is that you will willingly update the IOS on your iPad one day and Apple will have re-invented the wheel as they always feel like they have to, and  making "AUTO APP UPDATE" the default  As soon as your iPad gets into the vicinity of a wireless internet connection, it would automatically "GET" the new App and install it... then Sunday morning rolls round and the 1608 gets turned on with the rest of the sound system and the I-Pad warns you that the DL1608 must update it's "FIRMWARE" and you have no choice but to wait in horror.   :(

Hmmmm, call Mackie!!!!
Ask them.
Dan 

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2014, 09:23:55 AM »
Hi Dan

Thanks for your post, and yes I have already emailed Mackie to ask them the question.  I will post their response when i get it.  In the meantime, I have put a red sticker on the iPad telling people not to update it.   Happily there is no internet connection within the church building at present, but that will change shortly I hope !!

I am sure that v3 is brilliant, I installed it onto my own iPad and whilst not understanding it all, it did look very impressive  - but as we agree, way over the top for us simple non-techie people.

Alex

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2014, 04:05:10 PM »
For those church volunteer situations, lock out the features you don't want them using.  I'd start by setting the view to not being able to see the VCAs and Groups, then locking out views, groups and VCAs.  Those are probably the most likely to confuse the issues.  Maybe set the view to eliminate those from the main screen.  Without those to confuse the issues, it really is a somewhat different view of mostly the same stuff.  One last thought.  Maybe your volunteers are capable of learning MF 3.0    You might want to give them a chance before rejecting it.  (The beauty of trying things offline on a different ipad.)

By the way, while looking at the new access limits panel, Mackie's team really put a lot of lockable control there.  WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!  (Love it.)   I would consider using that before rejecting the upgrade.

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »
I entirely agree that there is a lot in V3, and for some people this will be great and they will be able to use this to great benefit.   However I still think that the nice clean and simple interface of V2 was an attraction to our users; but I accept that the designers have to put the buttons somewhere. 

I have been locking out lots of functions that we are unlikely to use.   It would be nice if when an item is locked out, then it was removed from the screen rather than just greyed out, but that's just my personal preference.

One question if anyone can help me with -  if I load a show and snapshot and then make a change, the snapshot name in top right hand corner has an asterisk beside it - I assumed this indicated that there were changes that had not been saved.  However if i then save the changes by replacing the Snapshot, the asterisk remains.  Is this right?

Thanks