Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0 is Here !  (Read 50715 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master Fader V3.0 is Here!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »
Thanks. I'm still laughing, can't type.  :lol:  :thu: :thu: :thu: Yes 3 thumbs up. Don't go there!

Got a show next week, not going to flash the DL until after the show, just in case. I don't think anything would happen, but knowing my luck (you don't really ;)) just in case. Not that I'm paranoid or anything.  :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:02:48 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
 Used mf 3 already for 3 shows, very steady, didnt have synch problems,
 No white noise problems, but didnt have them before !
Indeed a very good improvement.
Wish i had the dl32r

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2014, 04:46:29 PM »
If you're looking for perfection, better wait until your next life. 

My take.  There is so much stuff with this update, that I had to do some research on how to use it.  The learning curve is steeper, but the rewards are greater too.  The DL1608 was a nice mixer when I bought it.  This makes it a much nicer mixer.  Great work Mackie.  This also looks very good for the DL32R.  (Can't picture me needing that many channels, but there are others that will.)   Looking forward to the updated user manual. 

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2014, 04:56:46 PM »
Yes, looks good. Nice layout, bit of a learning curve. That's to be expected. Have it on only one iPad 2. Will learn first then migrate to the other iPad and update the firmware. Have an upcoming gig and will keep it at 2.1.1 for that.

2 Thumbs up for all the improvements Mackie and BenO.  :thu: :thu:

PS: I'm actually turning cart wheels right now, but only in my mind. Don't want to break the furniture or end up in traction for the rest of my life.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 05:04:47 PM by Keyboard Magic »
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2014, 05:29:46 PM »
I still prefer this app to, especially the Behringer X Air App. There's still that bit of familiarity in MF3 from the original. Which should make learning it, hopefully a lot easier.  :)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2014, 05:46:22 PM »
but it would have been nice to have made both the aux and sub groups rout able
+1000 and I'd really hoped to see matrices too  :-\ . Maybe V4 (or V3.1 ?) :) .

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2014, 05:49:02 PM »
Oh, and I'm really hoping to see My Fader V3 add pans so it supports stereo IEMs :) .

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »
Hooray, a trim in the iPad channel! A little odd that it's not paired stereo, and there's no visual indication that it's working. Also, half the time when I try to adjust it, I swipe to the next channel instead.

The pulldown for the clear solo/ mute verb/ etc panel is way better than the slide over. Was there a delay setting for the headphone monitor before? That's cool.

The every i/o overview page is great.

I'm running it now to see if it drops sync.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2014, 06:24:46 PM »
I'm running it now to see if it drops sync.

Well, that took all of 10 minutes. Turned to look at it just now and there was the resync window. It did reconnect, though. I'll leave it running to see if it drops fatally.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2014, 07:04:08 PM »
I thought the docked sync issue was having the docked ipad not fully charged.  It was suggested that the charging circuit was being stressed when charging at the high rate.  If the ipad was fully charged, it went to the maintain level of charging, not very stressed.  Did I get that wrong?  (And this might just be the common case.  Maybe there are some that are different.)

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2014, 07:57:11 PM »
I thought the docked sync issue was having the docked ipad not fully charged.

WK154 was seeing low power drops, but that was never my problem. This was an issue that began with firmware 1.4.3 and hasn't gone away. 1.4.1 worked fine.

14 pages of discussion here.

http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=498.0

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:00:05 PM by nottooloud »

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:01 PM »
But is it offically approved for IOS8.x?     

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »
Have not decided yet on the upgrade. Since I sometimes use my fader as well as master fader, I'm a bit afraid of losing the compatibility.  If I do the upgrade it seems like I lose the compatibility and could no longer allow a person to use my phone to run stage monitors. Just on the fence deciding whether to just wait until it's all compatible.

Glad people,are liking it so far, I'll keep reading looking for tips and hints. I might just get antsy and do it anyway since I have no show this coming week.

Just wondering...if I upgrade my iPod to 3.0 and not the firmware (just to mess with the new app) will I be able to run the mixer with both master fader and the old my fader app ?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 08:31:15 PM by Rdmitch »
Your never to old to learn something stupid

dpdan

• Dapper Dan
  • Master
    • kurysound.com
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2014, 08:36:24 PM »
a wonderful product FOR SURE!!!

Alex H

• Padawan
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »
Have not decided yet on the upgrade. Since I sometimes use my fader as well as master fader, I'm a bit afraid of losing the compatibility.  If I do the upgrade it seems like I lose the compatibility and could no longer allow a person to use my phone to run stage monitors. Just on the fence deciding whether to just wait until it's all compatible.

Glad people,are liking it so far, I'll keep reading looking for tips and hints. I might just get antsy and do it anyway since I have no show this coming week.

Just wondering...if I upgrade my iPod to 3.0 and not the firmware (just to mess with the new app) will I be able to run the mixer with both master fader and the old my fader app ?

There is a warning not to upgrade Master Fader, if you are also using MyFader 2.1x  but to wait for MyFader 3,0   I assume that when you upgrade, there is a firmware update to the mixer that is incompatible with 2.1