Author Topic: Master Fader V3.0 is Here !  (Read 50720 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: Master Fader V3.0 is Here!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2014, 08:52:43 PM »
But what if I don't download the firmware ( like Keyboard magic) ?
I just want to get used to the software of the new app.You are 100% right I don't want to wait until May fader 3.0 works

I am torn between giving up the extra option of the iPhone app and getting the new app for the iPad.

I guess if that's the toughest decision I have to make this week, I  shouldn't complain.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2014, 09:30:24 PM »
1st bug :( - Minor - Can't export settings to dropbox.  I get an "Error Authorizing App" - "Only a limited number of users can receive access tokens while this app in in development mode".  So I ask, why is MF 3.0 in development mode?  FYI, also on iOS 8.1.1
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 09:33:30 PM by Harpman »
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
Have not decided yet on the upgrade. Since I sometimes use my fader as well as master fader, I'm a bit afraid of losing the compatibility.  If I do the upgrade it seems like I lose the compatibility and could no longer allow a person to use my phone to run stage monitors. Just on the fence deciding whether to just wait until it's all compatible.

Glad people,are liking it so far, I'll keep reading looking for tips and hints. I might just get antsy and do it anyway since I have no show this coming week.

Just wondering...if I upgrade my iPod to 3.0 and not the firmware (just to mess with the new app) will I be able to run the mixer with both master fader and the old my fader app ?

That is correct regarding firmware update to console.  I don't use an iPhone so its a moot point for me :).

There is a warning not to upgrade Master Fader, if you are also using MyFader 2.1x  but to wait for MyFader 3,0   I assume that when you upgrade, there is a firmware update to the mixer that is incompatible with 2.1
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2014, 09:48:00 PM »
It looks like the routing configuration screen only allows to change where the iPad recording signal comes from
You can't rout a subgroup to an aux out....which kind of makes them redundant
I'm bummed that you have to lose a pair of physical aux outs if you want to record not off the L&R. I really hope they add a separate stereo virtual bus (or matrices  ;D) just for recording. I commonly use my 6 auxes for monitors and subs - really sux having to give two up :( .

Harpman

• Knight
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 09:56:56 PM »
It would be nice if Mackie had a trade-up program so it would offset the cost of the DL32R  :lol:.  Don't think that's gonna happen  :(
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 10:09:34 PM »
It would be nice if Mackie had a trade-up program so it would offset the cost of the DL32R  :lol:.  Don't think that's gonna happen  :(
Sure they do - it's called "eBay It" ;) .

Sting

• Padawan
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 10:23:14 PM »
Guys a fellow 1608 user updated to 3.0 not realizing that it would render his backup ipad 1 useless.   Is it possible to revert back to 2.0?  He has a show this weekend and not sure he has time to grab a newer iPad.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 10:32:40 PM »
Guys a fellow 1608 user updated to 3.0 not realizing that it would render his backup ipad 1 useless.   Is it possible to revert back to 2.0?  He has a show this weekend and not sure he has time to grab a newer iPad.
I believe it is possible to downgrade by connecting the iPad 1 but then his other iPad that has V3 on it won't work and AFAIK there's no way to downgrade that. Guess it sux to be him x( .

I predict that between iPad 1 users and iPhone/iTouch users we're gonna see a fair amount of unhappiness here (and elsewhere) shortly :facepalm:.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:34:51 PM by RoadRanger »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 11:03:35 PM »
Mackie should have a way to install an older version of Master Fader on an ipad.  I foresee issues if that can't be done.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 11:05:30 PM »
Hmm... Can't see the fader dB scales on my iPad 2. Can any of yous iPad 3+ users see them?

beno

• Mackie Product Manager
  • Padawan
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 11:38:30 PM »
1st bug :( - Minor - Can't export settings to dropbox.  I get an "Error Authorizing App" - "Only a limited number of users can receive access tokens while this app in in development mode".  So I ask, why is MF 3.0 in development mode?  FYI, also on iOS 8.1.1

Thanks. This is an issue on the back end. We are looking into it.

taunouibo

• Initiate
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 12:23:18 AM »
Sad but true - the problem with auto rotate function is still present...
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=688.msg6526#msg6526

:(

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2014, 12:24:27 AM »
Is it possible to revert back to 2.0? .

http://www.copytrans.net/
I use this on Windows to backup iOS apps. Easy and painless. Other useful programs from the developer as well.
A web search for the iTunes iOS App backup method will get you dozens of hits.
Whichever method you may pursue, you need to backup the MF 2.0 off of the iPad1 in order to load back to your other iPad assuming both devices are tied to the same iTunes App store account. Hope this helps out.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:27:26 AM by James91104 »

1kidc

• Youngling
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2014, 12:39:00 AM »
I'll hold off till myfader app is out. My band would kill me if they didn't have control of their own mixes (how times have changed lol)! My real question is: IS THE REVERB ANY BETTER????

James91104

• Knight
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2014, 12:47:19 AM »
My real question is: IS THE REVERB ANY BETTER????

Yes, inquiring minds and ears want to know. A reminder that I have a Dead Parrot for a DL1608 and am therefore unable to have a thorough flight test with everyone`s early X-Mas gift.