Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (27/46) > >>

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on April 23, 2015, 01:39:38 AM ---How would you change the Mute and view group selects?   I think they're just fine, but I'm open to improvements.

--- End quote ---
When you hit them they're fine, they expand up nicely.
I just think they're a bit low key when they're not activated.
No matter how often I use them, I have to pause to look, then select the one I'm after. (and it's not my eyesight at fault ;))
Make them clearer in the de-activated state by colour scheme, size or shape.
It's nothing major but a niggle for me.

Keyboard Magic:
For a completely frivolous request, give the interface more realism and make the channel dB scale markers easier to read. The current one is very easy to navigate and you can add color to it, but the other apps out there look like there’s a real hardware desk sitting there IMHO, especially the Touch Mix App, X32 App and even the Q-Pad App look more like real mixers.

It’s not a big deal since MF is very easy to use, but a GUI (the overall look) refresh might be nice.  ;)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 23, 2015, 01:05:52 PM ---It’s not a big deal since MF is very easy to use, but a GUI (the overall look) refresh might be nice. ;)
--- End quote ---
V3 did do a GUI update - shorter fader throws and harder to read text. That's what all you all wanted, right? ;)

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on April 23, 2015, 01:39:38 AM ---How would you change the Mute and view group selects?
--- End quote ---
Myself, I wanted to use separate channel mutes for the reverb sends (which works fine) but then include those in mute groups (no joy :( ). This would work around the lack of a second reverb - I'd like to be able to mute the reverb on the vocal channels when the talent is talking to the audience but not the reverb on the instruments. This could also be done using subgroups if the subgroups could be put in the reverb - the present GUI looks like that's possible but - again - no joy :( . If you could route a subgroup to an aux out I'd even be willing to burn an input to do it that way :) .

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on April 23, 2015, 02:14:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on April 23, 2015, 01:05:52 PM ---It’s not a big deal since MF is very easy to use, but a GUI (the overall look) refresh might be nice. ;)
--- End quote ---
V3 did do a GUI update - shorter fader throws and harder to read text. That's what all you all wanted, right? ;)

--- End quote ---

How did you know?  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version