Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (9/46) > >>

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 01, 2015, 04:31:18 AM ---
--- Quote from: Michael Welter on January 01, 2015, 04:19:03 AM ---I would love to use the iPad's mic for Talkback. I don't like giving up one of my 32 channels for talkback.

--- End quote ---
Gotta say I'm curious what you're using all 32 channels for?

--- End quote ---
Yeah, yeah, yeah. LOL

I do sound for a lot of Christian conferences, and it's not uncommon for large music groups to show up, and expect every singer to have their own microphone.  ???

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on January 01, 2015, 05:07:36 AM ---it's not uncommon for large music groups to show up, and expect every singer to have their own microphone.  ???
--- End quote ---
Use "Y" cords for pairs of identical microphones 8) .

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 01, 2015, 03:07:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: Michael Welter on January 01, 2015, 05:07:36 AM ---it's not uncommon for large music groups to show up, and expect every singer to have their own microphone.  ???
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I may have to, but I prefer to have individual control.

Jkowtko:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on January 01, 2015, 03:07:48 PM ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I caught a lot of flack on controlbooth.com for suggesting the Y'ing of mics ... I do this for the choir mics at our Middle school concert ... works well for me when covering an area with multiple mics and don't need that granular of control.   I have four mics -- the left and right banks with two mics each.

sam.spoons:
Y-ing would work if you have two identical dynamic mics with two identical or very similar sources like a pair of rack toms (or with distant mics as jk says) but two close miked singers are unlikely to be similar enough for it to be a satisfactory solution. I wouldn't want to be doing it with capacitor mics as the active preamps would be trying to drive each other with potential for damage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version