Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (13/46) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Jkowtko on January 17, 2015, 05:24:06 AM ---Great idea.  And why not take a design hint from our smart phones ... WYSIWYG view editing mode where you can drag your channels around, or 'flick' them off the screen if you don't want them in that view.  Maybe even drop them on top of each other to create DCA channel groups on the fly.

Which vendor do you think will provide this first?

--- End quote ---
The X-Air app does both of those kinda like you suggest.

Michael Welter:
Another feature I would like would be a sidechain insert, the ability to have the gate on one channel triggered by the signal on another channel.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on January 31, 2015, 12:46:49 AM ---Another feature I would like would be a sidechain insert, the ability to have the gate on one channel triggered by the signal on another channel.

--- End quote ---
I probably already said this - but I'd really like the gates to have a frequency control so you could "tune" them to the particular tom they are gating :) .

robmcl:

--- Quote from: Michael Welter on January 17, 2015, 05:20:02 AM ---Here's my idea. I would like the ability to move channels. Here's my scenario:

Let's say I have a group with 6 singers (Channels 1 - 6), 5 instruments (channels 7 - 11), and drums (channels 12 - 18). Then, a new singer joins the group. So I want to move the instruments and drums one channel to the right, so I can put the new singer on channel 7.

--- End quote ---
I'm trying to imagine how you'd deal with the actual XLR connections in this scenario.  Would you physically pull every XLR from 18 thru 7 and move them one jack to the right?  Or would expect to connect the new singer to input jack #19 and simply map that to channel 7 on the display?  Do this a couple of times and any type of troubleshooting would become a nightmare.   If you just want 1-6 and 19 to appear together in sequence, can't that be done with view groups?  Not criticizing just asking

Michael Welter:
In my scenario, I would shift all the XLRs, starting with #7, one connector to the right. The new singer wouldn't join the group min the middle of a show, so the next time I set up, I would plug the mics into the needed jacks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version