Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (16/46) > >>

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on February 13, 2015, 05:48:49 PM ---I'm sure you've seen it by now, but here's a link. I'm seriously looking at this box as a replacement for the DL.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1095112-REG/behringer_x_air_xr18_18_channel.html?gclid=CMjY7vK838MCFQdffgod_g4AAQ

--- End quote ---
So far it's vaporware - plus I'd wait a bit after they start shipping before jumping ship, I'm sure they will have their teething problems too ;) .

Rdmitch:
The specs look nice and nice overall features, but like the wise RR mentioned it's a non-existent product.  Available maybe in May.
I would wait until after the first 20 owner reviews come in.  At least the DL has been around a bit and you know what you are getting into buying one.
A person surfing the web looking for info on a Mackie DL will easily find this site and gain a wealth of "inside" info that would help them to make a informed decision.  Right now the B X18 is a "pig in a polk"  could be a huge waste of $ 700.00

robmcl:
Request for v4... could the digital Trim function be reflected in the channel input meters.

The new trim function is great.  It actually makes the internal iPad channel usable now that the signal level can be cut back.  Unfortunately the meters don't reflect this gain reduction.  Although the signal is reduced, the meters continue to show a peaked input signal.  It's minor I know. but it would be nice to have.

WK154:

--- Quote from: robmcl on February 13, 2015, 07:01:39 PM ---Request for v4... could the digital Trim function be reflected in the channel input meters.

The new trim function is great.  It actually makes the internal iPad channel usable now that the signal level can be cut back.  Unfortunately the meters don't reflect this gain reduction.  Although the signal is reduced, the meters continue to show a peaked input signal.  It's minor I know. but it would be nice to have.

--- End quote ---
The reason it's that way is that you do want to know the real input levels since clipping levels in the analog section is needed the rest is just math. A software switch would satisfy both in setup or somewhere to switch the meters.

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 13, 2015, 07:40:26 PM ---The reason it's that way is that you do want to know the real input levels since clipping levels in the analog section is needed the rest is just math. A software switch would satisfy both in setup or somewhere to switch the meters.
--- End quote ---
But the iPad channel isn't analog so no prob having the meter "post trim" on that one channel :) . It's "just software" ;) - I'm sure that Mackie just didn't have the time to do it right yet :) .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version