Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (17/46) > >>

sam.spoons:

--- Quote from: stevegarris on February 13, 2015, 05:48:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: Michael Welter on February 12, 2015, 08:30:38 PM ---I do have some Behringer gear. In fact, I'm the only person I know that pronounces it correctly (The g is a hard g). But I'll take a look at my profile, and see if I can add enough information to throw off the contract killers.  >:D

--- End quote ---

I'm sure you've seen it by now, but here's a link. I'm seriously looking at this box as a replacement for the DL.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1095112-REG/behringer_x_air_xr18_18_channel.html?gclid=CMjY7vK838MCFQdffgod_g4AAQ

--- End quote ---

Michael, Uli Behringer pronounces his name "Beh-rin-jer" (soft "G"?).....

The X-Air is indeed vapourware while the DL1608 is a good sounding mixer with nice software and a reasonably good rep. Nothing is perfect and we can all find things we would like changed/improved but the DL, by any standards, is a good mixer and I love mine.

But.... Mackie don't do a DL2412 with faders...... That would have been a no-brainer for me but, when gigs needing more I/O and real faders started to come in I had to buy something that could cope, in my case that was a Behringer X32 Compact and it is a very nice desk. The app is less friendly than Master Fader but apart from that it does the job just fine. The mic preamps are at least as good as the DL and reverbs are nicer (the DL reverbs are fine on many live gigs but a little lacking for some applications) and obviously it has more I/O (22/14 including aux's). The DL3216 has more but no faders and still the mediocre reverbs, and it's more expensive than the Compact.

I do still love my DL1608 but it is up for sale as my next purchase will be an X32 Rack which will do everything the DL does and more and, more importantly, act as both stagebox and backup mixer for the Compact on my bigger gigs. OK the Rack is in a bigger box (probably twice the size of the DL) but I guess I'll have to put up with that as I can't justify keeping the DL as well as the Rack.

Michael Welter:

--- Quote from: sam.spoons on February 13, 2015, 11:16:52 PM ---Michael, Uli Behringer pronounces his name "Beh-rin-jer" (soft "G"?).....

--- End quote ---
I've only heard him once, and that was on a CD that came with a piece of Behringer gear, years ago, and he said his name with a hard G. But I have heard people use a soft G, even in his presence without being corrected. So, perhaps both are acceptable.

sam.spoons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awS0NQbPxOI Uli makes no correction to the presenter's pronunciation at the beginning of the clip, however, at 2:25 he pronounces his first name "Ooh-lee" (not you-lee) and at 3:21 he refers to his company as "Beh-rin-jer".....

It is quite possible he Anglicised the pronunciation of his name for the benefit of the English speakers in his customer base though (the interview was in 2008).... Who knows  :facepalm:

gerenm63:
Some of us with names that are hard to pronounce, or the correct pronunciation is ambiguous, given the spelling, have pretty much given up on correcting people. I'm to the point that I answer to just about anything -- including, "hey you!"

stevegarris:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on February 13, 2015, 06:27:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: stevegarris on February 13, 2015, 05:48:49 PM ---I'm sure you've seen it by now, but here's a link. I'm seriously looking at this box as a replacement for the DL.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1095112-REG/behringer_x_air_xr18_18_channel.html?gclid=CMjY7vK838MCFQdffgod_g4AAQ

--- End quote ---
So far it's vaporware - plus I'd wait a bit after they start shipping before jumping ship, I'm sure they will have their teething problems too ;) .

--- End quote ---

Agree on all points. And today, I still love my DL1608 (2.x ver)! The Behringer unit will have to first be made, and then tested by users before I run out and buy one. I'll be keeping my DL as well, even if I by the X18.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version