Author Topic: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation  (Read 101606 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2015, 07:16:03 PM »
So, now that Behringer finally shipped the XR16 I hope Mackie plays a bit of catch-up soon ;) . I'd really like to see input routing, another FX or two, and more choices of tap points for the auxes :) . A PC app would be pretty cool, too  8) .

Maybe we'll see something new from them before the end of this year? A re-invention of the current 806/1608 platform in a similar format to the XR line? DL1608R?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2015, 08:18:13 PM »
Maybe we'll see something new from them before the end of this year? A re-invention of the current 806/1608 platform in a similar format to the XR line? DL1608R?
I'd love to see a DL24R :) . But I suspect they'll be mostly working on upgrading the DL32R to be competitive. One "fixed" delay FX and two "fixed" reverb FXs isn't much gonna interest the pro segment when the lowly X-Air series has four awesome FX units and the X32 Rack has eight :eek: .

I hope that ends up giving the DL1608 at least two reverbs, I could live with that :) .

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2015, 04:40:38 AM »
The real Pro-audio level probably doesn't look at mixers that cost less than $5K.  Not worth their while.  So all the mixers you're mentioning are really geared for lower end who need more channels.  The effects aren't critical and if you wander around them enough, you can find useable settings.  (I'm a very light effects user.  If you can hear the effect, it's up too high.)  And yes, there will always be something new coming or better coming or something.  Can't worry about it.  I'm wanting the DL1608 to last me until I quit doing this.  (Somewhere about 8 years from now.)  I don't expect a lot more features added to the software.  Could be pleasantly surprised, but the current version of Master Fader has exceeded my expectations.  Will probably take the multiple ipad control route so I can see and use all mixer channels at the same time. 

By the way, I like the iphone app "Remote" for controlling itunes.  Will probably be using it for my Senior's show this spring.

Ransul

• Initiate
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2015, 10:25:59 PM »
I posted the below suggestion to the Mackie user voice.  Thoughts??

Incremental fader adjustment

Move fader up or down 1db by double tapping above or below fader handle within the fader box.

Alternatively - have a preference in settings that lets the user set the amount of adjustment to apply when double tapping above or below fader handle (0 / 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 db)

As a solo act running my own sound, this would make it soooo much easier to make fine tuning adjustments, especially while playing an instrument and singing. I can also see this being a feature soundmen could use to turn up an instrument channel (a user defined amount of db) during a solo by double tapping above the fader handle and then easily returning to the previous setting by double tapping below the fader handle.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2015, 12:25:25 AM »
After mixing for a play last Saturday, two shows, I'd like to second a vote on the tap for small increases or decreases described above.  Great idea, might be slightly too small an increment. 

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2015, 02:52:02 AM »
Ransul, you got my vote on that. I like it, especially if I can set the increment.
Mackie Junkie

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2015, 01:56:03 PM »

Move fader up or down 1db by double tapping above or below fader handle within the fader box.

QSC's TouchMix does that. It's useful. I find it damned difficult to set an iPad fader precisely with my finger.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

QSC's TouchMix does that. It's useful. I find it damned difficult to set an iPad fader precisely with my finger.

I quite agree! I use a stylus due to my big pinkies and it's still difficult some times.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2015, 05:20:14 PM »

I quite agree! I use a stylus due to my big pinkies and it's still difficult some times.  ;)

MF should be able to rotate to portrait view in order to provide long throw faders, similar to the Auria DAW app. It would make small adjustments a lot easier. I'd prefer to just grab a fader and let my ears determine the level.

stevegarris

• Knight
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2015, 08:36:35 PM »
Agree on the faders. I find it especially difficult in MF3, but very easy on Classic.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2015, 10:34:45 PM »
MF should be able to rotate to portrait view in order to provide long throw faders, similar to the Auria DAW app. It would make small adjustments a lot easier. I'd prefer to just grab a fader and let my ears determine the level.

Yamaha's StageMix has a Long Faders button. Faders top to bottom. No rotation needed.

Soundbyte

• Padawan
« Reply #101 on: April 02, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »

Yamaha's StageMix has a Long Faders button. Faders top to bottom. No rotation needed.

That'll work too. Point is, I'd rather have decent sized faders than a set of up/down controls.

migsomig

• Initiate
« Reply #102 on: April 02, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
Olher good solution for that is, just as in the ilive mixpad from Allen&Heath, where you can select the fader and then if you go with your finger to the side you can fine tune the fader position making it go much slower. Until now this was the best solution I've seen for fader position control.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #103 on: April 02, 2015, 01:58:20 PM »
I'm all for stealing the best ideas that other companies are using.  (Learned that from Behringer.  They don't really think up their own designs do they?  I always figured that they watched to see what was selling then designed the exact same thing with cheaper components.)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #104 on: April 02, 2015, 02:23:46 PM »
I'm all for stealing the best ideas that other companies are using.  (Learned that from Behringer.  They don't really think up their own designs do they?  I always figured that they watched to see what was selling then designed the exact same thing with cheaper components.)
More anti-Behringer nonsense from a guy that doesn't even own one. How about the same components at a better price. More vertically integrated and everybody does the good idea copying.  :o
When in doubt KISS