Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation

<< < (19/46) > >>

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: RoadRanger on March 10, 2015, 06:34:39 PM ---So, now that Behringer finally shipped the XR16 I hope Mackie plays a bit of catch-up soon ;) . I'd really like to see input routing, another FX or two, and more choices of tap points for the auxes :) . A PC app would be pretty cool, too  8) .

--- End quote ---

Maybe we'll see something new from them before the end of this year? A re-invention of the current 806/1608 platform in a similar format to the XR line? DL1608R?

RoadRanger:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on March 10, 2015, 07:16:03 PM ---Maybe we'll see something new from them before the end of this year? A re-invention of the current 806/1608 platform in a similar format to the XR line? DL1608R?
--- End quote ---
I'd love to see a DL24R :) . But I suspect they'll be mostly working on upgrading the DL32R to be competitive. One "fixed" delay FX and two "fixed" reverb FXs isn't much gonna interest the pro segment when the lowly X-Air series has four awesome FX units and the X32 Rack has eight :eek: .

I hope that ends up giving the DL1608 at least two reverbs, I could live with that :) .

Wynnd:
The real Pro-audio level probably doesn't look at mixers that cost less than $5K.  Not worth their while.  So all the mixers you're mentioning are really geared for lower end who need more channels.  The effects aren't critical and if you wander around them enough, you can find useable settings.  (I'm a very light effects user.  If you can hear the effect, it's up too high.)  And yes, there will always be something new coming or better coming or something.  Can't worry about it.  I'm wanting the DL1608 to last me until I quit doing this.  (Somewhere about 8 years from now.)  I don't expect a lot more features added to the software.  Could be pleasantly surprised, but the current version of Master Fader has exceeded my expectations.  Will probably take the multiple ipad control route so I can see and use all mixer channels at the same time. 

By the way, I like the iphone app "Remote" for controlling itunes.  Will probably be using it for my Senior's show this spring.

Ransul:
I posted the below suggestion to the Mackie user voice.  Thoughts??

Incremental fader adjustment

Move fader up or down 1db by double tapping above or below fader handle within the fader box.

Alternatively - have a preference in settings that lets the user set the amount of adjustment to apply when double tapping above or below fader handle (0 / 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.5 / 5 / 5.5 / 6 db)

As a solo act running my own sound, this would make it soooo much easier to make fine tuning adjustments, especially while playing an instrument and singing. I can also see this being a feature soundmen could use to turn up an instrument channel (a user defined amount of db) during a solo by double tapping above the fader handle and then easily returning to the previous setting by double tapping below the fader handle.

Wynnd:
After mixing for a play last Saturday, two shows, I'd like to second a vote on the tap for small increases or decreases described above.  Great idea, might be slightly too small an increment. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version