Author Topic: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation  (Read 102423 times)

Michael Welter

• Knight
Re: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2015, 06:23:13 PM »
What are the odds that the release of MF 4.X will coincide with the release of a new product line?
Or with the release of My Fader 4.0.  ???
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2015, 07:42:38 PM »
Well, fingers crossed that MF 4.X and My Fader 4.X are released within a short period of time of each other, if not together, this time around.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2015, 08:36:40 PM »
The only reason I can think of for a V4 now is adding full routing (like the X-Air) and morebetter FX with insert capability (lke the X-Air). Kindof interesting that the DL32R needs to play catch-up with the X-Air when it really should be competing with the X32 line?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2015, 08:38:23 PM »
It's good to dream. Maybe they'll also fix that age-old problem called SYNC or is everyone trained now to ignore it?
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2015, 09:55:51 PM »
There are SYNC issues? When did this happen?  :P  :lol:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #125 on: April 21, 2015, 01:59:36 AM »
I'm expecting that when they release Master Fader 4.x, they will also be releasing My Fader 4.x at the same time.  There is also the slight possibility for My Fader 3.x to be useable with Master Fader 4.x  (If they don't change the volume controls in the upgrade.  It might happen.)  I'm still of the opinion that they pretty much rewrote Master Fader 3.x and had to rewrite My Fader 3.x to match.  Should at least be simpler this time because they don't have the White Noise issue to deal with.  (Hopefully, nothing will have to be totally rewritten.)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #126 on: April 21, 2015, 12:47:10 PM »
All joking aside, in all the time I’ve used this current DL, I’ve never noticed a serious sync issue. It could’ve dropped during performances, but it cleared so fast it was negligible to me. White noise under 2.X was always a “non-issue” as well since I never used the iPad channel. Now with MF 3.X white noise at least has been eliminated. MF 4 can only bring more improvements in the long run.

Good thing that Mackie re-issued MF 2.X aka: Master Fader Classic. If and when 4 comes out it may just leave the older iPads struggling to catch up with even more hardware demands. Let’s hope that’s not the case.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:34:39 PM by Keyboard Magic »

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #127 on: April 22, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
Yup, the FX need an overhaul.
Doing that would put a lot of criticism to bed once and for all.  :thu:
The older I get, the better I was!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2015, 10:17:38 PM »
...and while I'm at it what about a revamp of the:
1. Mute group select
2. MIX select
3. View group select.
A tab view, more separation or some sort of interface update would benefit it greatly.
I've found it to be less than clear when working quickly. ;)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »
How would you change the Mute and view group selects?   I think they're just fine, but I'm open to improvements.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #130 on: April 23, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
How would you change the Mute and view group selects?   I think they're just fine, but I'm open to improvements.
When you hit them they're fine, they expand up nicely.
I just think they're a bit low key when they're not activated.
No matter how often I use them, I have to pause to look, then select the one I'm after. (and it's not my eyesight at fault ;))
Make them clearer in the de-activated state by colour scheme, size or shape.
It's nothing major but a niggle for me.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #131 on: April 23, 2015, 01:05:52 PM »
For a completely frivolous request, give the interface more realism and make the channel dB scale markers easier to read. The current one is very easy to navigate and you can add color to it, but the other apps out there look like there’s a real hardware desk sitting there IMHO, especially the Touch Mix App, X32 App and even the Q-Pad App look more like real mixers.

It’s not a big deal since MF is very easy to use, but a GUI (the overall look) refresh might be nice.  ;)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #132 on: April 23, 2015, 02:14:06 PM »
It’s not a big deal since MF is very easy to use, but a GUI (the overall look) refresh might be nice. ;)
V3 did do a GUI update - shorter fader throws and harder to read text. That's what all you all wanted, right? ;)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #133 on: April 23, 2015, 02:19:45 PM »
How would you change the Mute and view group selects?
Myself, I wanted to use separate channel mutes for the reverb sends (which works fine) but then include those in mute groups (no joy :( ). This would work around the lack of a second reverb - I'd like to be able to mute the reverb on the vocal channels when the talent is talking to the audience but not the reverb on the instruments. This could also be done using subgroups if the subgroups could be put in the reverb - the present GUI looks like that's possible but - again - no joy :( . If you could route a subgroup to an aux out I'd even be willing to burn an input to do it that way :) .
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:21:31 PM by RoadRanger »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #134 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:39 PM »
It’s not a big deal since MF is very easy to use, but a GUI (the overall look) refresh might be nice. ;)
V3 did do a GUI update - shorter fader throws and harder to read text. That's what all you all wanted, right? ;)

How did you know?  :lol: