Author Topic: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation  (Read 101625 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #135 on: April 23, 2015, 06:59:26 PM »
I want the db scale to be the same font and color as on My Fader 3.x.  That's quite readable.  I will admit that I like Presonus's turning the ipad to move from multiple controls to single channel.  (Probably copy-writed)

Sir Krang

• Padawan
« Reply #136 on: April 23, 2015, 07:45:42 PM »
I want the db scale to be the same font and color as on My Fader 3.x.  That's quite readable.

..really? I can't read mine at all even with reading glasses. I must be goin blind :(

Edit: sorry I didn't read your post properly. "My Fader " is quite legible. "Master fader" I struggle with
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 08:04:02 PM by Sir Krang »

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #137 on: April 23, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
I haven't seen My Fader, so I don't how the DB numbers look. But I agree they are hard to read in Master Fader. But not impossible. And I'm OK with it the way it is.

I probably will rarely use the FX in the DL32R, but I can see the need to must the effects without muting the channels. You don't want band members talking with reverb, but you do when they sing. I like the idea of being able to mute all the reverbs with a mute group.
Mackie Junkie

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:36 PM »
The difference between Master and My Fader's db scale is like dusk and DAY.  I like Day a whole lot better.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2015, 11:49:49 PM »
The difference between Master and My Fader's db scale is like dusk and DAY.  I like Day a whole lot better.

Is it easier to make the scale stand out more, or could they create a virtual backlight on the active channels? Turning up the iPad screen brightness doesn't do too much other than hurt your eyes in a dark venue and kill the battery faster.  :'(
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2015, 04:39:29 AM »
Point is that My Fader's db scale is readable on a smaller screen than Master Fader's is on an ipad.  All they have to do is copy the font and color from My Fader 3.x over to Master Fader 3.x   It should be pretty easy.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2015, 02:24:44 PM »
You almost kinda get the feeling that when they are redesigning the GUI or the features, they see that something is amiss, like darker db scales and they go, “Oops! @#$%, oh well, no one will notice, just leave it” “We’ll fix it when we get enough complaints, maybe”

Almost indeed!  ::)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2015, 02:39:29 PM »
I would say that enough complaints are already here on the db scale.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2015, 02:44:53 PM »
Let's keep our fingers crossed that Mackie is trolling this site and taking notice.  :)

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2015, 06:38:56 PM »
Or head over to the Mackie user voice website and get voting / propose the change. I have just updated my votes to the RTA overlay on the GEQ and some better reverbs.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2015, 10:00:45 PM »
"Master fader" I struggle with
The dB scale on V3.02 totally sucks on a non-retina iPad. I'm told it isn't so bad on the retina ones. But as it's possible for an app to do different graphics depending on the display resolution I wonder why they haven't done so? I guess "Classic" is partially for us non-retina users...

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »
I probably will rarely use the FX in the DL32R, but I can see the need to must the effects without muting the channels.
You don't use FX, or have given up on the on-board? You can definitely mute the reverb entirely now - what I need to do is just mute the reverb on the vocal mics so I can still have it on the instruments during the intros and extros. It's one of the differences between being an amateur piece of kit and a pro board IMO.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »
Most of the gigs that I do don't require reverb, so that's why I don't expect to use it much. But I still like your idea.  :thu:
Mackie Junkie

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2015, 02:02:01 AM »
If anyone is interested, I just did a comparison running MF 3.X on the iPad 2 and Air 2 to look for any differences in the channel dB marking legibility. Exactly the same. Hard to read.  :(  The overall GUI looks better and colour is more defined on the Air 2.

I then ran MF Classic for fun and what a difference in the dB scaling, sooo much easier to see with my old eyes. It's not a big deal since I rarely use the scaling for reference except for the 0 dB mark on Main L&R. Beside that I can always type it in the information box/window at the top center of the main screen that shows the selected channel if I want to be very accurate.

And no I wouldn't go back to MF Classic unless I absolutely have to, even though it's still a good version. I like all the pluses that 3.X has to offer even on the 1608.  8)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2015, 07:03:19 AM »
And if you looked at MY Fader 3.x, you will also see a very readable db scale.  Nice color, font and size even though the screen on an iphone is much smaller.  I'd be happy to just see that copied over to Master Fader 3.x.