Author Topic: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation  (Read 101615 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 09:18:24 PM »
For people who want to limit to MF 2.0  Set the mutes and views then lock the access with the access limits window as in my photo.  I think I've got it pretty close and the white noise problem is gone.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 09:30:02 PM »
I'm probably going to save this configuration for use by others.  Of course, I could just post it for retrieval by others.  the MF 3.0 team really did a great job.

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 10:57:11 PM »
People are having difficulty reading the db scale on the right side of the Faders.  When the fader enlarges, have a magnifying glass over the db scale.  Probably be easier to change the font color and triple the size.  That would work too.  I'm currently not depending on it, but when it's viewable, I do use it.  Won't in this version. 

At the top of the screen you can see the actual value of the knob you are tweeking
If in doubt ask

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2014, 11:13:00 PM »
For people who want to limit to MF 2.0  Set the mutes and views then lock the access with the access limits window as in my photo.  I think I've got it pretty close and the white noise problem is gone.

Thank you for this one. NICE. Just saved it to my computer for future reference.  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2014, 12:24:56 AM »
One thing I wasn't expecting was that the access limits are global on a device and just changing shows doesn't change them.  For those working in a shared environment, this probably isn't a problem.  Expert users won't have a problem either.  I always expected to have the greatest use for this with iphones used for monitor mixes.  So far, that hasn't been the case.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 11:44:15 PM »
Would be nice to see a version 3.1 that smoothes out the controls since they seem s bit jumpy
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »
smoothing out the controls is only good if we don't have to give anything up to do it.  I find MF 3.0 to be very useable.  Don't want to lose anything now.

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2014, 01:10:04 AM »
It's important if you release the eq or fader and it continues to climb !
Your never to old to learn something stupid

craigherbs

• Youngling
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 10:05:55 AM »
Jumpy Fader Problem - I've noticed that my iPad Mini is a bit jumpy/slow to respond when using it wirelessly if I have the charger plugged into it at the same time.

Anyone else found this?

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 02:49:44 AM »

I'm pushing Apple to make an oversized ipad.  If they do, please adjust the home screen to include more viewable channels.  10 maybe?  (Hey their phones got larger, it's really time to make a larger ipad.)  I can't think of any of the other screens that would benefit as much.  But during a gig, it's the home screen that normally gets the workout.  You might even be able to put two rows of faders in.  (Depends upon how big the screen is.)

Wynnd

A nice 12-13” tablet would be nice! If Apple doesn’t make that real cool bigger iPad you asked for soon, maybe MF will be available for Windows Surface or convertible laptops and the like in the near future? As long as they weigh about the same as the iPad Air that is.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »
Jumpy Fader Problem - I've noticed that my iPad Mini is a bit jumpy/slow to respond when using it wirelessly if I have the charger plugged into it at the same time.

Anyone else found this?

With some leads and/or chargers (3rd party lead, apple charger) my iPhone 5s screen become unresponsive, laggy or frozen, unplugging it returns the phone to normal. My wife's 5c does similar, both are on iOS7.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 11:52:13 AM by sam.spoons »

Bufalo

• Youngling
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 07:42:56 PM »
I would like the ability to assign a particular "View Group" as the default for a particular output "Mix Selection."   

Expanded explanation - on my 1608, I've created different mix views for the main mix and for monitor mixes and aux-fed-subwoofer mixes which just show me the input channels that are applicable to those outputs, theoretically meaning less swiping and faster mixing while in the throes of playing bass and mixing the show simultaneously.   Currently, I make two taps on the interface to pick a Mix Selection (output) and then two more taps again to choose View Group.   In practice however, because I cannot currently have them automatically switch, I end up just using the "Main" view for everything.   That nullifies even having the ability to set up different views.   The extra tapping and choosing simply requires too much time in between notes, and occasionally generates extra confusion ("where'd that channel go???? Oh yeah..."). 

If I've missed that this feature already exists, let me know!  I've read the MF3.0 reference guide's sections on View Groups a few times through and haven't found it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 07:44:59 PM by Bufalo »

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2014, 05:50:37 PM »
I would love it if they could provide an adapter plug for the existing docking port to connect a USB stick or USB hard disk drive for recording.   

I understand that multi-track recording may not be possible off of this port -- but it would be nice to have the ability to run all your iPads wirelessly as in the rack version, tuck your DL out of the way so it doesn't have to take up space on the tabletop, and still have on-board two-track digital recording.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 07:30:59 PM by Jkowtko »

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »
I would love it if they could provide an adapter plug for the existing docking port to connect a USB stick or USB hard disk drive for recording.
You can basically do this with an older iPhone or iPod Touch. Problem is you have to start the recording from that device. Dunno if there are any apps that have remote control like Tango but for recording instead of playback?

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2014, 08:48:06 PM »
You can basically do this with an older iPhone or iPod Touch. Problem is you have to start the recording from that device. Dunno if there are any apps that have remote control like Tango but for recording instead of playback?

But then I wouldn't "love it" ... ;)  In fact, it sounds like a royal pain  in the ass.  Half the problem is getting the recording off the iDevice once it is put there ...

When I do  the concerts the video guy gives me an SD card to record to.  I pop the SD card into a Tascam DR-1 connected to a couple of aux outs on the board to make an analog recording for the video.  When we're done with the concert for the night, I remove the SD card and hand it to the video guy.  done.

I also use the docked iPad to make a backup copy for myself and to potentially have a higher quality than analog recording.  But I have to hook the iPad up to my laptop later on and use iFunBox to extract the audio files from the iPad.  This is blatantly more complicated than it needs to be.