Author Topic: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation  (Read 101613 times)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Master/My Fader V4 Wants and Speculation
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2014, 09:06:02 PM »
Half the problem is getting the recording off the iDevice once it is put there [...] I have to hook the iPad up to my laptop later on and use iFunBox to extract the audio files from the iPad.  This is blatantly more complicated than it needs to be.
Why aren't you using Voice Record Pro? It can export the files all sorts of different ways :) .
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:07:38 PM by RoadRanger »

MrDOS

• Padawan
    • Weekend hobby site
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »

I'm pushing Apple to make an oversized ipad.  If they do, please adjust the home screen to include more viewable channels.  10 maybe?  (Hey their phones got larger, it's really time to make a larger ipad.)  I can't think of any of the other screens that would benefit as much.  But during a gig, it's the home screen that normally gets the workout.  You might even be able to put two rows of faders in.  (Depends upon how big the screen is.)

Wynnd

A nice 12-13” tablet would be nice! If Apple doesn’t make that real cool bigger iPad you asked for soon, maybe MF will be available for Windows Surface or convertible laptops and the like in the near future? As long as they weigh about the same as the iPad Air that is.  ;)

I am no Apple guy (my iPad air is my FIRST Apple product, ever), but it looks like this is a "healthy" rumor:
http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ipad-pro/
Live sound/recording engineer, videographer at WoodlawnSound.com
SQL Server DBA
Bass Player

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2014, 02:04:32 AM »

I'm pushing Apple to make an oversized ipad.  If they do, please adjust the home screen to include more viewable channels.  10 maybe?  (Hey their phones got larger, it's really time to make a larger ipad.)  I can't think of any of the other screens that would benefit as much.  But during a gig, it's the home screen that normally gets the workout.  You might even be able to put two rows of faders in.  (Depends upon how big the screen is.)

Wynnd

A nice 12-13” tablet would be nice! If Apple doesn’t make that real cool bigger iPad you asked for soon, maybe MF will be available for Windows Surface or convertible laptops and the like in the near future? As long as they weigh about the same as the iPad Air that is.  ;)

I am no Apple guy (my iPad air is my FIRST Apple product, ever), but it looks like this is a "healthy" rumor:
http://www.macrumors.com/roundup/ipad-pro/

Ooooohh  8) I'm drooling on my laptop right now after opening that link.  :thu:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2014, 07:48:30 AM »
That looks impressive, though I guess the weight and accessories will determine how easy it is to handle, since it is quite a lot bigger than the current iPad. I have one of those hard shell backs with a hand strap for my current iPad, which make it a lot easier to use at gigs, I suspect something similar would be needed for this.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2014, 06:11:59 PM »
From the link and subsequent web page, it looks like it may be based on the iPad Air, which hopefully may make it light too?
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »
I don't worry much about weight.  I generally use my ipad mini on a logitech keyboard.  (Usually at a table.)  Figure a super ipad would probably get used about the same.  Would actually be happier if Master Fader worked on my MacBook.  (Not expecting that.  Some serious reprogramming would probably be required.)

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2014, 02:44:51 AM »
Don't know about how the effects are configured, but it would probably be nice to make loadable effects modules available.  (For purchase?  I don't use them much, but some others might like some options and might be willing to pay for them.)  Maybe as an in app purchase?  Would also be nice to hear what they sound like before loading them up.  Just a thought.

feedback50

• Youngling
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2014, 10:21:31 PM »
Kind of surprised that the reverbs weren't upgraded in the dl32r. If it was a hardware limitation in the 1608 that prevented it the new platform would have been the time to make it happen, although project deadlines can cause compromises. Aside from that, I think the Access Limits page in MF should have Disable-All button. Most likely I would be inclined to only want to enable one or two items for an on-stage user (that is not the primary mix person). Having to disable all of the features manually for each on-stage user seems tedious.

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2015, 04:19:03 AM »
I would love to use the iPad's mic for Talkback. I don't like giving up one of my 32 channels for talkback.
Mackie Junkie

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2015, 04:31:18 AM »
I would love to use the iPad's mic for Talkback. I don't like giving up one of my 32 channels for talkback.
Gotta say I'm curious what you're using all 32 channels for?

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2015, 05:07:36 AM »
Gotta say I'm curious what you're using all 32 channels for?
Yeah, yeah, yeah. LOL

I do sound for a lot of Christian conferences, and it's not uncommon for large music groups to show up, and expect every singer to have their own microphone.  ???
Mackie Junkie

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2015, 03:07:48 PM »
it's not uncommon for large music groups to show up, and expect every singer to have their own microphone.  ???
Use "Y" cords for pairs of identical microphones 8) .

Michael Welter

• Knight
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2015, 03:41:33 PM »
it's not uncommon for large music groups to show up, and expect every singer to have their own microphone.  ???
I may have to, but I prefer to have individual control.
Mackie Junkie

Jkowtko

• Padawan
« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2015, 04:04:00 PM »

I caught a lot of flack on controlbooth.com for suggesting the Y'ing of mics ... I do this for the choir mics at our Middle school concert ... works well for me when covering an area with multiple mics and don't need that granular of control.   I have four mics -- the left and right banks with two mics each.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #44 on: January 01, 2015, 04:21:35 PM »
Y-ing would work if you have two identical dynamic mics with two identical or very similar sources like a pair of rack toms (or with distant mics as jk says) but two close miked singers are unlikely to be similar enough for it to be a satisfactory solution. I wouldn't want to be doing it with capacitor mics as the active preamps would be trying to drive each other with potential for damage.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 04:24:31 PM by sam.spoons »