Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Ways to use the new features.

(1/19) > >>

Wynnd:
How are you using features in Master Fader 3.x?

I'll start:

Using VCA 1 as a volume master on my vocalists. 
Using VCA 2 for the rhythm section.
Color coded the channels to the VCA, it's easy to see what ties to it.  When choosing VCA1 in the view, you see only the channels tied to it.

I was ready to use groups for this, but didn't know what VCAs were and when I researched them, the advantages became obvious.  VCA will control the output of the channel which affects any effects on that channel too.  Groups won't do that.  I'm not sure when to use groups now.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 18, 2014, 05:12:49 PM ---How are you using features in Master Fader 3.x?

I'll start:

Using VCA 1 as a volume master on my vocalists. 
Using VCA 2 for the rhythm section.
Color coded the channels to the VCA, it's easy to see what ties to it.  When choosing VCA1 in the view, you see only the channels tied to it.

I was ready to use groups for this, but didn't know what VCAs were and when I researched them, the advantages became obvious.  VCA will control the output of the channel which affects any effects on that channel too.  Groups won't do that.  I'm not sure when to use groups now.

--- End quote ---

Your are brave! Kudos to you. I don't even want to go there yet  :eek: Probably get there eventually.  ;)

RoadRanger:
Go Wynn! :)

Ampli:
I tryed with vca1 is all the input channels
Vca 2 all the groupsfaders
On groups i put the compressors
Gives a nice effect, when vca1 goes up everyting goes in to compression
Lowering vca2 keeps the level at the output
Works great

Wynnd:
creative!  Wonder if that would help with any of my issues.  (All the big issues have addressed long ago.)  Gotta think about that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version