Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Ways to use the new features.

<< < (10/19) > >>

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Keyboard Magic on November 26, 2014, 03:12:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: sam.spoons on November 26, 2014, 12:40:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on November 25, 2014, 09:21:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: robbocurry on November 25, 2014, 07:21:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on November 25, 2014, 05:38:54 PM ---"The screen shots to the left display the default settings of the digital trim...0.0 dB for those counting."
I'm in awe of that explanation.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
There's an old saying "One man's junk is another man's treasure" that applies here.
Robo erectile dysfunction, short term memory loss all are symptoms of the JL pandemic, I'd have it looked at if I were you. :)
Willie Nelson almost had it right for this "In the Gutter again"
Cheers

--- End quote ---
On the subject of the pandemic, do you ever cross paths with him over at "Behringersville"? :police:
I wonder is he as rude over there....?

--- End quote ---
Actually there's a different persona not sure it's him, but if he ever tried that there he'd be gone. I'm not very active there either but do visit some times. There is life beyond forums. :)
Peace.

--- End quote ---

It's our old friend and sparring partner JL all right http://forum.behringer.com/showthread.php?5146-And-the-big-September-announcement-is/page13 :lol:

--- End quote ---

Let's be positive now  :angel: It does make for some lively conversations and witty repartee now and then.  ::)  :-X  ;)

--- End quote ---
31st September. Classic :lol:
There's another guy on there with a very similar name but a very different online persona.....
I'll put my tin hat back on and say "the mythical X16/18" and "vapourware" in the same sentence.
It's certainly going to have had plenty of time spent on it before it comes to market ::)

WK154:

--- Quote from: Harpman on November 26, 2014, 04:32:09 PM ---So here's a scenario.  My first 5 channels for Kepi's 5-piece are vocal channels. She is on CH 1 and the others are 4 male backup vocalists (CH 2-5) Certain tunes the lead vocals may change to the guitarist, keyboardist, bassist or drummer.  Creating a sub group for the backup vocals doesn't make sense since they are also lead vocalists at different time of the gig. So what would be a "Best Practice"?  Also, vocalists are typically EQ'd a bit different (not all the time), so if I were to add them to a sub group, would it make sense to leave the EQ flat for the sub group and leave their EQ presets the way they are?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

--- End quote ---
OK a few assumptions first. You have 5 leads/backups but the lead switch is not in the song but for individual songs. The mics aren't switched. So eq's and dynamics shouldn't vary singing lead vs backup so channel settings are good to go.Of course you can still fiddle with individual channels as needed. Time for snapshots 5 to be exact using DCA's one for lead one for backups. So as long as you get the right snapshot loaded DCA1 is always your lead and DCA2 are your backup singers. You can now balance the two without worrying about who's where. Two more DCA's for instruments, 8 would have been better.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 26, 2014, 03:26:10 PM ---With as often as MicroSoft changes the names of things, nearly every new OS, we really ought to get over worrying about whether it should be DCA, VCA or BFH.  (Always liked the last one.  It stands there with RCH. Wonder if that one ever made one of the acronym translation pages on the web.)  In my mind the VCA is an addition that these groups made unnecessary.  But hey, I'll take a functional unnecessary feature over missing ones any day.  Mackie did a lot of good in this upgrade, and they need our thanks.

--- End quote ---
Hey have a shot of HCL or was that H2O on me. Well it won't matter anyway until you swallow it. ;D  You're right it won't matter for those who don't know the difference anyway, ignorance is bliss.
Hey if you tweak that thingamajig and route it to the whatchamacallit you get a neat sound. :lol:  Sorry I keep forgetting the target market for this, that flushing sound is our FOH guy he can mix from anywhere. :)

Harpman:

--- Quote from: pytchley on November 26, 2014, 05:04:41 PM ---"Behringer IMHO is leader of the pack"

Erm, the XR series still doesn' t exist!

--- End quote ---

You are correct. Behringer does advertise vaporware products well in advance of availability.  Over the years I'm tired of spending $$$.  I'm going to let someone else be the guinea pig on the DL32R first.  I will have to debate in the 2nd QTR of 2015 whether I want to spend the 2K on the Mackie or if the XR is available or maybe even the X32. Digital mixers are becoming a very competitive field. Bill (WK154) have had many conversations regarding being a little more conservative buying equipment.  Some of you are complaining about MF 3.0 on the older iPad 3's. So the code is now dictating your hardware (iPad). So all of us have to run out and purchase at least an iPad 4th gen or better?  I don't think so. I would love to see how My Fader 3.0 performs on an iPhone 4 or 5.  We will see. I want to see what Mackie does with MF 4.0, which should be out be 2nd QTR 2015.  I will also check both booths out at the NAMM show.

Harpman:

--- Quote from: WK154 on November 26, 2014, 05:32:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: Harpman on November 26, 2014, 04:32:09 PM ---So here's a scenario.  My first 5 channels for Kepi's 5-piece are vocal channels. She is on CH 1 and the others are 4 male backup vocalists (CH 2-5) Certain tunes the lead vocals may change to the guitarist, keyboardist, bassist or drummer.  Creating a sub group for the backup vocals doesn't make sense since they are also lead vocalists at different time of the gig. So what would be a "Best Practice"?  Also, vocalists are typically EQ'd a bit different (not all the time), so if I were to add them to a sub group, would it make sense to leave the EQ flat for the sub group and leave their EQ presets the way they are?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

--- End quote ---
OK a few assumptions first. You have 5 leads/backups but the lead switch is not in the song but for individual songs. The mics aren't switched. So eq's and dynamics shouldn't vary singing lead vs backup so channel settings are good to go.Of course you can still fiddle with individual channels as needed. Time for snapshots 5 to be exact using DCA's one for lead one for backups. So as long as you get the right snapshot loaded DCA1 is always your lead and DCA2 are your backup singers. You can now balance the two without worrying about who's where. Two more DCA's for instruments, 8 would have been better.

--- End quote ---

Bill, the lead switch also can be in the song if Kepi and let's say Anthony (Guitarist) are trading off lead vocal parts. That doesn't happen a lot.  Even if I create a DCA1 (Lead), and DCA2 (Backup), I would still have to go in and assign the lead to non-lead channel to DCA2 and the non-lead to lead channel to DCA1, correct? IMHO, too much work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version