Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Ways to use the new features.

<< < (18/19) > >>

nottooloud:
some of what's going on make this a pretty good time to be alive

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: Harpman on December 22, 2014, 05:15:20 PM ---Looks like Adobe Premiere CC has Multicam and Audio based syncing like FCPX.  Going to try that before I make another investment in software.

--- End quote ---
PPCC is hard to beat, just upgraded from PP5 a few months back :thu: ;)
I've been using Premiere and FCP for many years now but couldn't get on to FCPX at all. :facepalm:
Just did a six camera shoot of a concert last month, PPCC lined all the footage up automagically.
I then added the studio "sweetened" multichannel captured soundtrack and the whole thing was in sync all the way through (95mins).
I upgraded recently to SSD drives for media and I was able to cut it realtime in multicam.
It made it really easy and very fast!

Harpman:

--- Quote from: robbocurry on December 22, 2014, 06:02:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: Harpman on December 22, 2014, 05:15:20 PM ---Looks like Adobe Premiere CC has Multicam and Audio based syncing like FCPX.  Going to try that before I make another investment in software.

--- End quote ---
PPCC is hard to beat, just upgraded from PP5 a few months back :thu: ;)
I've been using Premiere and FCP for many years now but couldn't get on to FCPX at all. :facepalm:
Just did a six camera shoot of a concert last month, PPCC lined all the footage up automagically.
I then added the studio "sweetened" multichannel captured soundtrack and the whole thing was in sync all the way through (95mins).
I upgraded recently to SSD drives for media and I was able to cut it realtime in multicam.
It made it really easy and very fast!

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the update.  That's some really positive encouragement :). Hopefully this week will be slow allowing me some time to play :).   My laptop is pretty tricked out.  Have 2 SSD's (one for OS and one for programs).  I have a 3rd one terabyte drive for storage.  I don't own a Mac, but run Yosemite in a virtual (VMWare) environment.  This is primarily for my IT business to support my Mac customers. BTW, are your cameras all the same make/model?

Thanks,

Gio

Harpman:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 22, 2014, 05:19:11 PM ---some of what's going on make this a pretty good time to be alive

--- End quote ---

True, I will 2nd that :)

Harpman:
Just found out that the DL32R multitrack technology is not Mackie's.  It's a company called Archwave That designed the hardware/driver/firmware component.  Mackie support assured me that the transition from closing one file and creating another won't cause a gap in the recording.  Hopefully, Dan can shed some light here since he's the only owner of the DL32R on this forum (I believe).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version