Author Topic: Ways to use the new features.  (Read 35996 times)

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
Re: Ways to use the new features.
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2014, 07:41:59 PM »
Looks like Adobe Premiere CC has Multicam and Audio based syncing like FCPX.  Going to try that before I make another investment in software.
PPCC is hard to beat, just upgraded from PP5 a few months back :thu: ;)
I've been using Premiere and FCP for many years now but couldn't get on to FCPX at all. :facepalm:
Just did a six camera shoot of a concert last month, PPCC lined all the footage up automagically.
I then added the studio "sweetened" multichannel captured soundtrack and the whole thing was in sync all the way through (95mins).
I upgraded recently to SSD drives for media and I was able to cut it realtime in multicam.
It made it really easy and very fast!

Thanks for the update.  That's some really positive encouragement :). Hopefully this week will be slow allowing me some time to play :).   My laptop is pretty tricked out.  Have 2 SSD's (one for OS and one for programs).  I have a 3rd one terabyte drive for storage.  I don't own a Mac, but run Yosemite in a virtual (VMWare) environment.  This is primarily for my IT business to support my Mac customers. BTW, are your cameras all the same make/model?

Thanks,

Gio
All Sony cams Gio: Z7s, Z5s, FS100 and MC50
I shoot everything in HD and use tsMuxeR to patch the part files together into single large files.
Works better for me than Sony's import tool (last time I tried it)
I kept buying FCS because DVDSP is my authoring tool of choice, Encore not for me. :-[
FCP brought multicam closely followed by PP multicam which was easier to implement.
Was using DSLRs for a while but FCP couldn't handle those files.
Was spending a lot of time converting files then I upgraded to PP5. PP5 ate them up, it was a major time saver for me. :lol:
I use PCs for all the editing and a MBP and a Hackintosh I built for DVD/BD production.
Just wish Apple would make something nice to author BD discs. Toast is ok but very basic.
The older I get, the better I was!

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2014, 08:03:43 PM »
Looks like Adobe Premiere CC has Multicam and Audio based syncing like FCPX.  Going to try that before I make another investment in software.
PPCC is hard to beat, just upgraded from PP5 a few months back :thu: ;)
I've been using Premiere and FCP for many years now but couldn't get on to FCPX at all. :facepalm:
Just did a six camera shoot of a concert last month, PPCC lined all the footage up automagically.
I then added the studio "sweetened" multichannel captured soundtrack and the whole thing was in sync all the way through (95mins).
I upgraded recently to SSD drives for media and I was able to cut it realtime in multicam.
It made it really easy and very fast!

Thanks for the update.  That's some really positive encouragement :). Hopefully this week will be slow allowing me some time to play :).   My laptop is pretty tricked out.  Have 2 SSD's (one for OS and one for programs).  I have a 3rd one terabyte drive for storage.  I don't own a Mac, but run Yosemite in a virtual (VMWare) environment.  This is primarily for my IT business to support my Mac customers. BTW, are your cameras all the same make/model?

Thanks,

Gio
All Sony cams Gio: Z7s, Z5s, FS100 and MC50
I shoot everything in HD and use tsMuxeR to patch the part files together into single large files.
Works better for me than Sony's import tool (last time I tried it)
I kept buying FCS because DVDSP is my authoring tool of choice, Encore not for me. :-[
FCP brought multicam closely followed by PP multicam which was easier to implement.
Was using DSLRs for a while but FCP couldn't handle those files.
Was spending a lot of time converting files then I upgraded to PP5. PP5 ate them up, it was a major time saver for me. :lol:
I use PCs for all the editing and a MBP and a Hackintosh I built for DVD/BD production.
Just wish Apple would make something nice to author BD discs. Toast is ok but very basic.

Have your tried ProShow Producer by Photodex.  Great product.  I use it for all my music demos and charity events.  I've actually produced a BD that was put up on a 70" HD TV and looked amazing.  You can use a combination of video and stills with transitions and other cool effects.   Check out the couple of links of demo videos I've done.  They are still shots, but can be done with HD video as well:

http://www.photodex.com/share/giostefani/8xdmpmg4
http://www.photodex.com/share/giostefani/agd6pmg4

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2014, 08:30:56 PM »
Is that the same as "ProShow Gold", a photographer friend of mine uses that?
Will check it out, thanks for the tip :)
The older I get, the better I was!

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »
Is that the same as "ProShow Gold", a photographer friend of mine uses that?
Will check it out, thanks for the tip :)

Same company.  Gold is one step down from Producer.  I once had Gold and upgraded to Producer. Producer has way more features (http://www.photodex.com/proshow/compare).  Just started playing with PPCC 2014.  Looks really easy.  Planning on doing more live music videos next year.  I have a hodge podge of different video cameras.  Logitech C920 Webcam, a JVC and Canon HD Camcorder.  Use to shoot a lot of video a few years ago.  I'll just have to relearn some of the tools :).

Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"