Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (24/45) > >>

Sir Krang:
I used to own an iPad 3 which generally worked smooth as silk on MF2, but It became an almost unusable and hideously laggy experience on MF3.

I traded in my iPad 3 on a new iPad Air2 and the lagginess vanished.

I also have an iPad mini 2 permanently docked which generally ran ok on MF 3 and up to MF 3.0.1
There was still some various sluggish performance compared to MF2 but it was useable.

I updated to MF 3.0.2 a few hours ago and there is a very noticeable improvement in performance.
I directly compared both iPads. iPad mini 2 with MF 3.0.2 was just as smooth and fast as iPad Air 2 with MF 3.0.1 so it's pretty obvious Mackie has made some performance improvements

Wynnd:
It sounds like the ipad 3 users suffered the most from the PEQ lag.  I've only got an ipad 2 and early ipad mini.  Probably the ipad 3 users will see the greatest improvement. 

I would love for Mackie to rename My Fader to Personal Fader so we can easily use MF and PF for the respective apps.  (No serious programming involved.) 

WK154:
Well what's with all the noise 3.02 is marginally better in the EQ section but swiping channels is still choppy. You can see double lines in the fader area, something not noticeable in 2.1.1. This is still under iOS 7.1.2 on a iPad 3. The simple fix for the scale numbers to white and getting rid of the Glow and Grow not to obscure the positioning needs to be done. Replace the Grow and Glow with a simple color change to indicate contact with the fader etc. , a no-brainer. That's for starters. As I read it now Mackie basically eliminated the 30 pin version and you best be careful as to which lightning version you use. Great job BenO.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on February 12, 2015, 04:57:35 PM ---getting rid of the Glow and Grow not to obscure the positioning needs to be done. Replace the Grow and Glow with a simple color change to indicate contact with the fader etc. , a no-brainier.

--- End quote ---

Couldn't agree more. That's probably the main issue I have left. There's are features I would like, but I've got everything I need.

James91104:
Nice improvement of the PEQ screen draw indeed. However no reverb fix and I have no faith that there will ever be, of which is most disappointing given the 2 plus years of DL 1608/806 sales and only to be disgracefully implemented in the DL32R. And yes, I handed over U.S. currency for a DL1608 which should qualify my opinion as an owner/user. Rant over.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version