Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (37/45) > >>

Keyboard Magic:
Thank you one and all for the input on the iPad Mini.  :thu: :thu:  And the mini 2 and 3 have the A7 CPU and double the system memory of the iPad 2. So theoretically they should have no trouble overcoming any perceived lag running MF 3.X. These are now on my Wishful List. Of course when the money becomes available too.  :lol:

Rdmitch:
Since the new iPad upgrade there have been no issues with lag.
Have only had a few small easy gigs so far, but this weekend I have 2 real jobs with full blown
Bands, 4 aux mixes and the pressure will really be on. I'm hoping for the best since its 2 new bands
and if I don't screw it up they will be my 2015 weekend income providers.

I have already preprogrammed the shows for both as well as anticipated aux mixes.i think the DL will perform
Lag free.

I'm am definitely not switching to a lightning connector DL that would be insane, you can buy the adaptor to make the 30 pin DL into a lightning connection for $40.00 or buy an adaptor cable.  I'm using the adaptor cable,now and it works just fine.

I plan on locking my older iPad 2 into the DL and keeping the new iPad strictly for remote mixing  I just have to clear off all the old crap and apps from the old iPad,chow load a mess of songs for break time and then I'm good to go.

frankiebass1:
I was able to get my hands on two new iPads for "testing".  A mini-2 and an AIR.  Of course as all things go, I have not had a gig until this coming weekend so my ipad2 will stay docked and I'll try both new devices out in the crowd.  Full blown band with three monitor mixes so a good test for sure.

Rdmitch:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you but think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I did 2 jobs a few weeks ago and 1 last week.  No problem at all, I even took the iPad 2 off
the mixer and used it remotely without any issues.

frankiebass1:
So here's what I witnessed.  My ipad2 was docked for all of the performances(two tribute bands alternating sets) I used a new Mini to mix from the crowd.  The new Mini was rock solid and responsive.  There were some cases where I had a bit of lag but nothing that could not be managed.  The docked ipad2 on the other hand, would re-sync randomly all night.  Airplay did not work at all when MF was open from any device.

I called Mackie about the sync issue and they suggested that I force the DL to take another SW download.  I'm about to try that but its looking more like I'm going to have to upgrade the L to accept my air and retire the ipad2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version