Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (39/45) > >>

WK154:
If your trying to use the XR18 then here's my suggested preference of tablets. x86 based PC tablet, Android based tablet and last a iPad. This may not fit your collection but you had no choice on the DL.

sam.spoons:
Back on topic 'cos I've just done my third gig with MF3. The iPad3/iOS7 was ok (but not great) on the first two gigs last week but incredibly unresponsive, both wired and wifi (couldn't check if it was defaulting to 2.4GHz) freezing and being laggy tonight. The iPad2/iOS8 was much better tonight but I didn't use it much as I only had a single 45 min set to mix. I think I'll revert to MF Classic as I suspect the older iPads and MF3 are not happy bedfellows and I don't need the extra facilities MF3 offers (didn't use them last week or tonight). Actually, I'll probably use an old version of MF2.1.1 I have stored somewhere, does anybody know where the old shows are stored by MF2? I can start again from scratch but it would be nice to not have to.

Wynnd:
Note:  Master Fader Classic is now available at the app store in itunes.  (Version 2.1.1.  Use with My Fader 2.1.1)  We asked for access to version 2.1.1 and Mackie has come through.

frankiebass1:
I've installed MF Classic on my iPad 2 and I noticed the difference immediately. There's no lag!  No re sync screens( I ran it for the better part of the day). I have a gig on Saturday so that will be the real test.

AirPlay is still not working. Baby steps...

Wynnd:
One warning, The ipad white noise issue isn't fixed in this version.  It can occur when playing music through the ipad channel.  Most of use didn't ever have it happen to us, but that was something that was fixed with MF 3.x  People that had it happen to them had the white noise at very loud volume.  Airplay avoids this.  Not playing music through the ipad channel also prevents this.  So consider running Classic with the ipad channel muted.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version