Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (42/45) > >>

Wynnd:
You didn't spend enough time with the app before doing a gig and shouldn't be blaming Mackie for that.  The Master Fader app has about 1200 controls on it.  That's more than 3 times the number of a MixWiz. (And unlike the MixWiz they are mostly hidden.)   I suspect that other ipad apps have similar issues.  Before you spend any more money, you ought to become intimate with the apps first.

Wynnd:
And don't expect perfection in the lowest price ranges of digital mixers.  They all have quirks that you have to live with.

musicman7722:
My humblest apologies to all for wasting your time. :-[

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: musicman7722 on June 10, 2015, 02:30:30 AM ---My humblest apologies to all for wasting your time. :-[

--- End quote ---

It's a drag that you have to move on to a different brand of mixer. I still maintain that MF 3.X has a lot more hardware requirements than 2.X and it does run as it should on the iPad Air 2. It does have the faster CPU and more onboard system memory to cope with MF 3.X. I don't really think that there's an issue with your iPad.

I think that you will have better luck running the XR though with your iPad. It's a nice mixer and the app is pretty good too. Fingers crossed for you!  ;)

RoadRanger:
I do look forward to a rackmount DL1608 (or DL2412 ? :) ) but to interest me it has to be a 2U shallow rack unit. The DL32R is too deep to fit with my gear, and the XR18 is too tall :( .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version