Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (44/45) > >>

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: WK154 on June 10, 2015, 04:51:21 PM ---Don't waste your time with an iPad on the XR18, it's a PC environment and it's still going thru it's growing pains.
--- End quote ---

For what it's worth, at the moment I'm primarily using my iPad w/ the XR18. Android would be my first choice, because the "Fine" fader option is excellent, but the mutes aren't working in mixer view, so not.

ijpengelly:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on June 10, 2015, 03:00:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: RoadRanger on June 10, 2015, 02:51:25 PM ---It would be awesome if Mackie could just have separateable EQ for the monitor mixes.
--- End quote ---

I've never seen a mixer that had that as a feature. Y cables exist.

--- End quote ---

There are a number of digital mixers that allow you to assign an input to multiple channels, such as the Yamaha LS9, which means you can do two (possibly more) EQ mixes of the same source, then send them where you need them, i.e. FOH or monitors.

WK154:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on June 10, 2015, 06:41:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: WK154 on June 10, 2015, 04:51:21 PM ---Don't waste your time with an iPad on the XR18, it's a PC environment and it's still going thru it's growing pains.
--- End quote ---

For what it's worth, at the moment I'm primarily using my iPad w/ the XR18. Android would be my first choice, because the "Fine" fader option is excellent, but the mutes aren't working in mixer view, so not.

--- End quote ---
Yup but everything is working on the PC. The only workflow issue I have is with the individual DCA view, kinda defeats the purpose of DCA's. I suggested a solution to Be....

WK154:
On the multiple eq per channel mixers the XAP800 comes to mind. As long as you can live with 8 mic and 4 line inputs. You can run the mic inputs to a buss "O" etc. then run it thru a filter set (up to 8 ) with up to 15 filters, comp and delay and then route them to any and all of the 12 outputs. All this in less time than the DL. :)

robbocurry:

--- Quote from: WK154 on June 10, 2015, 09:52:57 PM ---On the multiple eq per channel mixers the XAP800 comes to mind. As long as you can live with 8 mic and 4 line inputs. You can run the mic inputs to a buss "O" etc. then run it thru a filter set (up to 8 ) with up to 15 filters, comp and delay and then route them to any and all of the 12 outputs. All this in less time than the DL. :)

--- End quote ---
I wish I had a little more time to fiddle with my xap800, it's sitting looking at me with begging eyes, wanting me to plug something into it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version