Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (18/45) > >>

Rdmitch:
The lag issue is certainly not overblown by anyone saying it's unusable. The program is usable as there is a work around by using the vintage eq mode.
Those on this forum are relatively intelligent people, and we know to turn off the other apps that might be currently running on our devises, this has been discussed numerous times here.  I for one, have this on a dedicated iPad with minimal other apps as its dedicated to the 1608 exclusively. And yes, it's an ipad3 with ample capacity.
It has NOTHING to do with spending more money on a mixer, either analog or digital. The MF software worked perfect on V.2, there was no lag either on accessing the eq section or in operating the PEQ functions. The disconnect came with the implementation of V.3  it's obviously a problem inherent to that version and it's an issue that mackie needs to resolve.  Just like the white noise issue in the previous version was brought to the attention of Mackie/Loud by users of forums such as this one, this issue of the lag is being made known so they can work on the solution. Bringing up a flaw in a program is certainly not whining "winning", so get your story straight.

As we speak, I am downloading to YouTube a display of the lag, and will post the link after it is active. Others have already done this for our benefit.

Go to YouTube and search for Mackie v.3 lag
Sorry about the lousy production value since its 5:00 AM here and I'm trying to not wake up the rest of the household and holding one iPad while trying to move the faders is a little tricky.

nottooloud:
Excellent. Your video gives us something objective to compare.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bOPMZkqL-8

Unusable is in the eye of the beholder, so I won't quibble with you there. I have mixed on hardware digital mixers that were less responsive. My mini, which has essentially the same processor as your 3, is approximately twice as responsive as what I'm seeing in your video. I use vintage comp, but modern EQ. Some apps just don't do well on the 3, which has a rather underpowered GPU for its retina screen. As Master Fader and the DL get more features, they will likely run slower and require faster hardware. Apps are like that.

Good luck in your quest. It's working just fine here.

Wynnd:
My ipad mini is also more responsive than your video.  (Not the retina display version.)  Am I correct it that it seems that changing the frequency is less responsive than changing the intensity of the selected frequency?   (Follows up and down better than side to side.)  Gonna ask, is there a screen protector mounted on this ipad?  Seems I've heard that it either hurts or helps if there is one.  I'm assuming that you've installed it at least twice to make sure it was in correctly.  Wonder if some of those other programs that you decided to not install, might help to have there?  Personally can't picture using anybody elses software, but there could be some background modification of the OS from one.  (Seems unlikely.)

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Rdmitch on December 21, 2014, 10:22:21 AM ---The lag issue is certainly not overblown by anyone saying it's unusable. The program is usable as there is a work around by using the vintage eq mode.
Those on this forum are relatively intelligent people, and we know to turn off the other apps that might be currently running on our devises, this has been discussed numerous times here.  I for one, have this on a dedicated iPad with minimal other apps as its dedicated to the 1608 exclusively. And yes, it's an ipad3 with ample capacity.
It has NOTHING to do with spending more money on a mixer, either analog or digital. The MF software worked perfect on V.2, there was no lag either on accessing the eq section or in operating the PEQ functions. The disconnect came with the implementation of V.3  it's obviously a problem inherent to that version and it's an issue that mackie needs to resolve.  Just like the white noise issue in the previous version was brought to the attention of Mackie/Loud by users of forums such as this one, this issue of the lag is being made known so they can work on the solution. Bringing up a flaw in a program is certainly not whining "winning", so get your story straight.

As we speak, I am downloading to YouTube a display of the lag, and will post the link after it is active. Others have already done this for our benefit.

Go to YouTube and search for Mackie v.3 lag
Sorry about the lousy production value since its 5:00 AM here and I'm trying to not wake up the rest of the household and holding one iPad while trying to move the faders is a little tricky.

--- End quote ---

Since I only use Vintage Mode, it's not an issue for me, but if you are using this for major events and relying on it for fine EQ work, then it's intolerable and has to be addressed bar none. I hope BenO is lurking and seeing the evidence for himself.

robbocurry:
Uhh, just watched the video. Yes it was slow, but not exactly "un-useable" IMHO.
I had much slower response in all aspects from my docked iPad 1 way back in MF1.x!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version