Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!

<< < (20/45) > >>

ijpengelly:
Interesting, my iPad 2 is a lot more response in the EQ section than the video kindly posted by Nottooloud. The plot thickens... why is it so inconsistent between users? There has to be more to this than just poor programming of the MF3 application.

nottooloud:

--- Quote from: ijpengelly on December 21, 2014, 10:18:39 PM ---Interesting, my iPad 2 is a lot more response in the EQ section than the video kindly posted by Nottooloud.

--- End quote ---

That's Rdmitch's video, I just posted the link.

It's common for the iPad2 to be faster than a 3 in a graphic intensive app. Similar CPU, but way fewer pixels on the screen. The iPad3 is considered a bit of a cockup. The next one had enough GPU to properly drive the retina display.

pytchley:

--- Quote from: nottooloud on December 21, 2014, 10:29:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: ijpengelly on December 21, 2014, 10:18:39 PM ---Interesting, my iPad 2 is a lot more response in the EQ section than the video kindly posted by Nottooloud.

--- End quote ---

That's Rdmitch's video, I just posted the link.

It's common for the iPad2 to be faster than a 3 in a graphic intensive app. Similar CPU, but way fewer pixels on the screen. The iPad3 is considered a bit of a cockup. The next one had enough GPU to properly drive the retina display.

--- End quote ---

It seems to me that the graphics on the PEQ are much the same in MF2 & MF3 so shouldn't be any harder to drive. My ipad 3 has zero lag in MF2 the problem must be elsewhere. Bad programming?
Someone has posted in uservoice https://mackie.uservoice.com/forums/97035-dl-series/suggestions/6846373-address-the-delay-issues-in-mf3-and-non-lighting Maybe it's worth giving it some votes?

Wynnd:
They did manage to get rid of the white noise problem.  That probably involved a serious rewrite of the basic app.  Like all serious software problems, fixing one issue can easily cause another.  (We had probably better be careful for what we want fixed.  Fixing minor problems could cause some issues that none of us want to live with.)  Don't believe me?  Just realize that it took Microsoft nearly 20 years to seriously stabilize Windows.  (It's current status.) 

Wynnd:
I have a steam account and was just looking at one of the games that they just added a Mac version.  The complaints sound so familiar.  (Even if the product isn't.)  People complaining that the product wasn't finished enough to distribute and unlike MF 3.x, they're saying it's crashing at level 3...  We are so much luckier than that.  This is a game that runs pretty well on my only Windows machine.  (Game worthy.)  I'm curious about how badly it's running on macs today.  I've got a 2010 MacBook Pro.  It will probably be unusable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version