Author Topic: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!  (Read 105825 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!
« Reply #120 on: February 12, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
I'm going to spend some time trying to find a reverb setting that is useful.  Found a delay setting that I like.  Will get back with any worthwhile results.

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #121 on: February 12, 2015, 09:04:48 PM »
I have been running AltiSpace off the 30pin connector on my old iPhone 4 , routing send 6 to USB 1+2 ( could also have used the reverb send but i use it for snare ) and return on the iPad channel , sounds pretty amasing
It also works on my DL32r via camera connector kit but only on lightning equiped iPone/iPad's and takes up the USB connector so that i can't record (at the same time)
If in doubt ask

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #122 on: February 12, 2015, 09:20:38 PM »
I have been running AltiSpace off the 30pin connector on my old iPhone 4 , routing send 6 to USB 1+2 ( could also have used the reverb send but i use it for snare ) and return on the iPad channel , sounds pretty amazing.
Dunno if Mackie reads this thread - but I suggest they don't try this is it will majorly bum them out compared to their "meh" 'verbs :-[ .

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2015, 09:26:35 PM »
but whats the point hauling a 12 kg M5000 when the mixer is 4.5 kg and you can get a good convolution for 10$ and run it from an old phone 😃
If in doubt ask

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2015, 11:53:16 PM »
if you find a good setting internal to the DL perhaps we can share via Dropbox.
or I guess we could take a screenshot picture and post it then others can  copy the
settings.
I would prefer to use what is available and not deal with external devices. The idea with the
DL was to reduce wiring and outboard gear.
Your never to old to learn something stupid

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #125 on: February 13, 2015, 12:03:45 AM »
I uploaded the newer version to an ipad3 which is where I had the most problems, I did not load it into the mixer yet but had a chance to play a bit with the app.  I do see a improvement in the PEQ and would say it's more than slightly better. Actually, it seems a lot more responsive and I'm quite pleased with what I see. Over the weekend I will get a chance to mess a bit more with it using it as a remote only. if it works equally as well when connected to the mixer I would be a happy camper......or at least until I find something else to whine about.

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #126 on: February 13, 2015, 12:23:09 AM »
I have been running AltiSpace off the 30pin connector on my old iPhone 4 , routing send 6 to USB 1+2 ( could also have used the reverb send but i use it for snare ) and return on the iPad channel , sounds pretty amasing
It also works on my DL32r via camera connector kit but only on lightning equiped iPone/iPad's and takes up the USB connector so that i can't record (at the same time)
Can you run that by me again? You're doing this on a DL1608 how? Wow!
The older I get, the better I was!

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #127 on: February 13, 2015, 01:12:56 AM »
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=810.0
I'll put that in the FAQ :) .

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #128 on: February 13, 2015, 01:28:46 AM »
I'm going to spend some time trying to find a reverb setting that is useful.  Found a delay setting that I like.  Will get back with any worthwhile results.

That's the spirit! I spent a half hour or so twiddling around with the reverb, and was able to come up with some very usable sounds. One of the bands I regularly do sound for has a female vocalist and they do a couple of Jefferson Airplane tunes. I've got a preset for her that about nails the classic sound from White Rabbit.

I've got a couple of other presets, too, that are very usable in club settings. Yes, it took a little bit of work, but I'd've done that with any digital reverb I bought, because out of the box, they all sound like garbage.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #129 on: February 13, 2015, 02:57:30 AM »
Take a screen shot of the reverb page and post the pic. I can use some cool reverbs since mine pretty much suck

walterw

• Padawan
« Reply #130 on: February 13, 2015, 03:42:46 AM »
wow, hadn't realized there was an update (it's actually been a little while since i've used the mixer);

that parametric screen display is now freakishly fast on my 1st gen ipad air!

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2015, 07:38:34 AM »
http://cacophony.aspinock.com/index.php?topic=810.0
I'll put that in the FAQ :) .
Thanks RR, will give that a go ;)
The older I get, the better I was!

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2015, 11:04:02 AM »
Take a screen shot of the reverb page and post the pic. I can use some cool reverbs since mine pretty much suck

I will, next time I'm working on reverbs. Maybe a new sticky topic could be created to hold those screen shots....
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2015, 11:34:25 AM »
If in doubt ask

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2015, 11:36:02 AM »
If in doubt ask