Author Topic: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!  (Read 105844 times)

Rdmitch

• Knight
Re: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!
« Reply #165 on: February 16, 2015, 11:54:16 PM »
I don't know too mch about taxes in ANY country, but it was explained to me that whether it's cash, goods or services it's considered a donation.  I think to considered a "donation in kind"   As long as I get a receipt for the donation it's all on the up and up.....I hope
Your never to old to learn something stupid

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #166 on: February 17, 2015, 12:00:42 AM »
That's definitely not how it works in the UK (at least not on a personal level, limited companies are different). A donation has to be money, goods, or something like shares, property and such like. Just giving a day of your time and expertise would not be acceptable. If you received payment and then subsequently donated the same amount back to the charity I guess that would be ok as long as the paper trail was complete.

edit :- to correct meaning "not"
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 08:46:58 AM by sam.spoons »

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #167 on: February 17, 2015, 12:02:40 AM »
Tax receipts are always good to get, but I actually think the volunteering part is the most rewarding part.  ;)
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #168 on: February 17, 2015, 12:19:03 AM »
Agreed...the personal reward is best. Would do it free anyway, the receipt is just a bonus.

I would never LAG ( trying to stay on topic)  on helping those in need.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #169 on: February 17, 2015, 12:23:51 AM »
Agreed...the personal reward is best. Would do it free anyway, the receipt is just a bonus.

:thu: :thu: Lag? Very good, I love it!  :lol:
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2015, 12:30:43 AM »

:thu: :thu: Lag? Very good, I love it!  :lol:

Gave up on that a long time ago. :facepalm: FX deserves a subject all it's own but I guess you can find in under lags. (delay I guess). Not to stress out RR.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 12:40:37 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2015, 12:32:25 AM »
Hey Wynnd,

You mentioned a few times that you use MF on an iPad Mini. Just curious if it's still visually easy to run it on a smaller screen? I would think that the mini would be lighter to carry around at the gig as opposed to the iPad 2. I'm thinking of future ideas for the upcoming birthday in March, Fathers Day and next Christmas all rolled into one. Not for myself of course.  :laugh:

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2015, 12:38:35 AM »
I tried the mini and it was just too small for me.
I'm used to a real analog board and the regular iPad was enough of a change, the mini was just too mini.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #173 on: February 17, 2015, 12:43:49 AM »
Hey Wynnd,

You mentioned a few times that you use MF on an iPad Mini. Just curious if it's still visually easy to run it on a smaller screen? I would think that the mini would be lighter to carry around at the gig as opposed to the iPad 2. I'm thinking of future ideas for the upcoming birthday in March, Fathers Day and next Christmas all rolled into one. Not for myself of course.  :laugh:
Depends on the job you do. If Its bad you probably want to hide. Who me I'm on a phone call. I like 20"-23" screens after all what's a pound or two to look important. :)
When in doubt KISS

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2015, 01:03:33 AM »

Depends on the job you do. If Its bad you probably want to hide. Who me I'm on a phone call. I like 20"-23" screens after all what's a pound or two to look important. :)

That would be cool sitting just about anywhere in the venue and running the show from a 20 plus inch screen. Wouldn’t want to walk around with it too far, but still way cool though. I think we discussed large touch screen computers/tablets a while back. Come on Mackie, port MF to Android, Windows and Mac. Wishful thinking on my part? 

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #175 on: February 17, 2015, 01:50:01 AM »
I've got a decent shoulder bag for the mini with a logitech keyboard that will hold the mini at an adjustable angle.  If I have a table, it's very convenient.  If not, I sometimes just grab the mini.  I find it big enough to function.  I dock my ipad 2.  If I'm rehearsing or gigging the mini is more likely to have OnSong up on it.  (Don't make too many changes while playing.)  If I'm playing keys, the mixing stack is to my left within reach.  Playing bass, the mixing stack is usually out of reach.  I mixed mostly from my mini at the wedding reception I ran sound for about a week ago.  (Tony Exum Jr's jazz group.)  Was sitting down on the far side of the dance floor with the keyboard and mini in my lap.

Keyboard Magic

• Master
« Reply #176 on: February 17, 2015, 02:18:28 AM »
I've got a decent shoulder bag for the mini with a logitech keyboard that will hold the mini at an adjustable angle.  If I have a table, it's very convenient.  If not, I sometimes just grab the mini.  I find it big enough to function.  I dock my ipad 2.  If I'm rehearsing or gigging the mini is more likely to have OnSong up on it.  (Don't make too many changes while playing.)  If I'm playing keys, the mixing stack is to my left within reach.  Playing bass, the mixing stack is usually out of reach.  I mixed mostly from my mini at the wedding reception I ran sound for about a week ago.  (Tony Exum Jr's jazz group.)  Was sitting down on the far side of the dance floor with the keyboard and mini in my lap.

Wynnd;

Thanks for your input!  :thu: It's certainly something worth considering in the future, or when the planets align.  ;)

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #177 on: February 17, 2015, 03:51:20 AM »
[...] you would still pay the tax on the amount 'received'
Exactly, you legally have to pay tax on the amount you "charged" them and then when you "give it back" you can deduct it - it's a net wash at best actually. But what folks here commonly do is deduct it without declaring the "income", so they profit from this tax fraud (unless/until caught).

pytchley

• Knight
« Reply #178 on: February 17, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »
Hey Wynnd,

I'm pretty short sighted but much prefer to use the mini when I'm doing FOH. I have both ipads in sleeve360 cases that strap firmly onto my hand and after using the mini the 3 seems heavy and unwieldy. I have no problems with the size of the mini's screen despite having fat fingers. On the other hand when I'm playing drums I have the mini to my left clamped to the overhead mic stand and I do have a problem seeing it clearly. The band has three multi instrumentalists who are forever changing instruments so I just have a view group of them on it for muting/unmuting and the 3 sits on my right on a flight case and I pick it up when I need to adjust something else.

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #179 on: February 17, 2015, 02:08:13 PM »
And on a motorcycle trip, the ipad mini takes over all my internet access, e-mail, and Skype duties while taking up a very small portion of the saddlebag.  I don't carry my MacBook with me anymore for that.  (Even without my laptop bag, the mini bagged is half the size of the laptop.)