Author Topic: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!  (Read 105770 times)

Weogo

• Knight
Re: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!
« Reply #210 on: June 10, 2015, 01:51:46 PM »
Hi RoadRanger,

I too would be happy with a DL2412R  IF  it had freely assignable inputs to any and multiple channels, AND if it had 36 mix channels, like the DL32R.
I regularly double-assign channels, with one going to House, another to Monitors.  This way I can not have compression on the monitor channels, and also, they monitor channels can have different EQ from the house channels, for instance if drastic cuts are needed to avoid feedback.

Thanks and good health,  Weogo

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #211 on: June 10, 2015, 02:51:25 PM »
It would be awesome if Mackie could just have separateable EQ for the monitor mixes. But - I'm still waiting for them to implement the multiple tap points for the aux mixes that the X32 supports :(  and per channel selectable like my Phonic S16 (dunno if the X32 has that?).

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #212 on: June 10, 2015, 03:00:15 PM »
It would be awesome if Mackie could just have separateable EQ for the monitor mixes.

I've never seen a mixer that had that as a feature. Y cables exist.

gerenm63

• Knight
    • gerenm.net
« Reply #213 on: June 10, 2015, 03:14:39 PM »
It would be awesome if Mackie could just have separateable EQ for the monitor mixes.

I've not seen dual eqs, either, though I have seen plenty of mixers that allowed sending the auxes pre-eq.
Geren W. Mortensen, Jr.
Westminster, Maryland, USA

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #214 on: June 10, 2015, 04:51:21 PM »
My humblest apologies to all for wasting your time. :-[
Don't waste your time with an iPad on the XR18, it's a PC environment and it's still going thru it's growing pains. Android based would be my second choice. WiFi still has it's WiFi related problems no mater which mixer you use.
When in doubt KISS

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #215 on: June 10, 2015, 06:41:35 PM »
Don't waste your time with an iPad on the XR18, it's a PC environment and it's still going thru it's growing pains.

For what it's worth, at the moment I'm primarily using my iPad w/ the XR18. Android would be my first choice, because the "Fine" fader option is excellent, but the mutes aren't working in mixer view, so not.

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #216 on: June 10, 2015, 07:03:57 PM »

There are a number of digital mixers that allow you to assign an input to multiple channels, such as the Yamaha LS9, which means you can do two (possibly more) EQ mixes of the same source, then send them where you need them, i.e. FOH or monitors.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #217 on: June 10, 2015, 09:39:17 PM »
Don't waste your time with an iPad on the XR18, it's a PC environment and it's still going thru it's growing pains.

For what it's worth, at the moment I'm primarily using my iPad w/ the XR18. Android would be my first choice, because the "Fine" fader option is excellent, but the mutes aren't working in mixer view, so not.
Yup but everything is working on the PC. The only workflow issue I have is with the individual DCA view, kinda defeats the purpose of DCA's. I suggested a solution to Be....
When in doubt KISS

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #218 on: June 10, 2015, 09:52:57 PM »
On the multiple eq per channel mixers the XAP800 comes to mind. As long as you can live with 8 mic and 4 line inputs. You can run the mic inputs to a buss "O" etc. then run it thru a filter set (up to 8 ) with up to 15 filters, comp and delay and then route them to any and all of the 12 outputs. All this in less time than the DL. :)
When in doubt KISS

robbocurry

• Optimist Prime
  • Master
« Reply #219 on: June 11, 2015, 12:40:43 AM »
On the multiple eq per channel mixers the XAP800 comes to mind. As long as you can live with 8 mic and 4 line inputs. You can run the mic inputs to a buss "O" etc. then run it thru a filter set (up to 8 ) with up to 15 filters, comp and delay and then route them to any and all of the 12 outputs. All this in less time than the DL. :)
I wish I had a little more time to fiddle with my xap800, it's sitting looking at me with begging eyes, wanting me to plug something into it!
The older I get, the better I was!

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #220 on: June 11, 2015, 12:48:39 AM »
I wish I had a little more time to fiddle with my xap800, it's sitting looking at me with begging eyes, wanting me to plug something into it!

My 3 went in the garbage after they each failed a different way in the same install. I replaced them with a Symmetrix and lost a bunch of money on the job.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #221 on: June 11, 2015, 05:25:14 AM »

My 3 went in the garbage after they each failed a different way in the same install. I replaced them with a Symmetrix and lost a bunch of money on the job.
From what i remember you bought defective units, fans not working and it took it's toll.
When in doubt KISS

Topsøe

• Knight
« Reply #222 on: June 11, 2015, 03:55:46 PM »

SAC has a complete console for each send  :)
If in doubt ask

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #223 on: June 11, 2015, 04:24:24 PM »
If some company would like to have their mixer rise above the rest they need to add some unique features.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #224 on: June 11, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »
If some company would like to have their mixer rise above the rest they need to add some unique features.
At this point I'd just settle for one of them working as advertised. ;D
When in doubt KISS