Author Topic: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!  (Read 105757 times)

Keyboard Magic

• Master
Re: WTF! 3.0 lags so hard it's barely usable!
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2014, 10:00:39 PM »
What about an updated MF 3 that would be able to recognize what type of CPU it’s running on and adjust itself accordingly to the model of iPad. IE: iPad2, 3, Air etc. Is that even possible? WK may be able to answer that better than I can.
"The bad news is time flies. The good news is...you're the pilot." ~ Michael Althsuler

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2014, 11:27:33 PM »
What about an updated MF 3 that would be able to recognize what type of CPU it’s running on and adjust itself accordingly to the model of iPad. IE: iPad2, 3, Air etc. Is that even possible? WK may be able to answer that better than I can.
I'm sorry but if your asking Mackie to be creative you hit a dead end. Other Co. have simply renamed their apps so MF2 vs. MF3 would suffice. I bet it's about $$$.
When in doubt KISS

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2014, 11:39:21 PM »
You might be right that $$ are involved, but Mackie knows that those of us that are not 100% satisfied with MF V.3 on the 1608 will probably not migrate to the DL32 in the future.

Bottom line is that we know that BenO looks at this forum so......

.... PLEASE ,  this is a real issue not a "wishlist" item so can you make this a priority and make the lag go bye-bye ?
Posts and reviews about this will not help sales of the product.  The fix is beneficial to us and Mackie.
If you have some suggestions, a work around, a magic incantation or at least acknowledge the issue and let us know the Christmas elves at Mackie are hard at work on a solution it would be appreciated.
Most of us here love the product, love the new app and can't wait to get out there and use it to the full potential  available.   

Your never to old to learn something stupid

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
So, update from last night.  As suspected, iOS 8.1.2 made zero improvement.  In fact there seems to be a new wrinkle. Now I have no idea if this is a IOS or Mackie issue but here goes.

I'm running the system with a docked iPad and a remote mini. Walked over to the 1608 to check on another piece of gear and the screen on the docked iPad froze.  Then it re-connected and displayed the Mackie sync screen. Thankfully nothing was interrupted in the audio outputs.

I was going to pull the trigger on a DL32 since I'm starting to get a lot of sound work and also being asked about live recording. After this weekend, that's just not going to happen.  If I wind up having to replace my two control surfaces due to no or very poor SW regression testing, I'll "upgrade" right out of the Mackie product line.

Thankfully I don't have any sound work until January so that will give me time to attempt a SW change back to 2.1.1. MF3 is a non starter in my opinion.

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2014, 04:19:40 PM »
One thought.  All Mackie had to do is NOT release the 30pin version of the 1608. That would have eliminated that segment of the device population.  Of course that would also have eliminated all of those potential sales...

Just sayin...

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
It is quite easy and relatively cheap to convert 30pin to Lightning and vice-versa and, even if Mackie discontinue the 30pin DL I'm pretty sure there will be enough conversion kits to go around.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2014, 05:10:01 PM »
One thought.  All Mackie had to do is NOT release the 30pin version of the 1608. That would have eliminated that segment of the device population.  Of course that would also have eliminated all of those potential sales...  Just sayin... 
FYI the 30 pin version came out before the lightning iDevices were announced - and Mackie didn't learn abut the change to the lightning connector until the day Apple announced it publicly, after the DL's were shipping. Apple suxs...

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2014, 06:53:20 PM »
I cant believe where this is going. Rdmitch  your talking about a repeat business model and customer loyalty. That concept is too antiquated it's now a "A fool is born every minute" model. Yes there are the Lemmings that follow their leader over the cliff but they're mere noise. Fortunately the rest of the world has spoken with their money and Apple's once at 85% market share on the tablet is now around 22%. The overall uptake of anything iOS based (mostly iPhones) , based on several market watches, is at below 12% (Third quarter 2014 results). Again a few years ago that was over 50%. Any company basing their product on a single source can't be making sound decisions, as time has taught many. I'd put my money on the ones that recognize that fact and provide multiple solutions.
When in doubt KISS

frankiebass1

• Padawan
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2014, 07:59:42 PM »
One thought.  All Mackie had to do is NOT release the 30pin version of the 1608. That would have eliminated that segment of the device population.  Of course that would also have eliminated all of those potential sales...  Just sayin... 
FYI the 30 pin version came out before the lightning iDevices were announced - and Mackie didn't learn abut the change to the lightning connector until the day Apple announced it publicly, after the DL's were shipping. Apple suxs...

That really doesn't surprise me at all…

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
Agreed that the iOS is slowly self destructing, but the concept of mackie having a low priced mixer like the 1608 with total wireless connectivity was a great idea. It provided for a digital mixer at a price point that most could afford , loads of functions using at the time the most popular hand held interface.  Sure, over time they should have offered other formats compatible with other operating systems such as android, but the quantity of adaptor trays and pin connectors could be a dealer stocking nightmare ( but an aftermarket dream).
I'm sure in time they will evolve to the android market too, but that's not to say that the other formats will not have their share of issues.  While not a big Apple fan, it is still more stable than any Galaxy or other I have ever owned both for phones, pads and pods.
While fools are born all the time, with the Internet and customer reviews abounding in today's online marketplace the fools are becoming more educated and savvy. Speaking as one that holds their college degree  in Buisness marketing, I still feel that mackie can retain  a strong place in the market, but ONLY thru strong customer support. 
Other companies excel in options and advertising, but still fail to even deliver a product, or fall short on performance promised.
I still have confidence that this stumbling block will be resolved and we will move forward. I'm not hearing a lot of negative feedback on any issues other than this and the wireless ipad transport issue which was never a promised sell point.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2014, 08:17:46 PM »
The DL1608 was definitely awesome when it came out. Today, most folks I know are going for the X32 Rack. Some of it's features can't be done on the DL1608's hardware but many can. Most important to me would be a second reverb, a chorus mode on the delay, more tap points for the auxes, and a couple "virtual" auxes (stereo linkable) for recording so we don't have to burn two hardware aux outputs for that :( .

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »
As usual all great points from RR, but  the 1608 is less than 1/2 the price of the X32.
Most boards in that price point still only have 4 aux sends. I would like more aux's to use for outboard fx but that just creates more outboard gear to schlep and wire. I would just prefer a few better internal fx. Overall I have survived with modifying the ones built in. I'm not mixing for concerts so im not striving for perfect effects,just
Enough so be noticeable.

sam.spoons

• Pint #2
  • Master
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »
Comparing like(ish) for like, at a major European retailer, Thomann, the X32 Rack is 1022 euro and the DL1608 999 euro so this side of the pond the Rack is close enough to the same price as the DL as to take no part in a buying decision. The full X32 is not anywhere near a fair comparison with basically 2X everything plus real faders to justice nearly double the price of a DL.

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2014, 09:15:35 PM »
I can get the X32 Rack for about the same $$$ as the DL1608 . I really dislike that I/O being on the rear on the X32 Rack but folks are coping with it OK. The DL32R is a nice layout but won't fit in a shallow rack :( and is also twice the price.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2014, 10:14:12 PM »
Rdmitch I think the price point has been answered (Sam) and you still need to add at minimum the iPad Mini at $399 to make it functional. Comparing a X32 rack feature wise to the MF3 Dl 1608 would be nothing short of an embarrassment for Mackie. I'd rather not go there. They were meant for different market segments. If you actually believe that over a year to respond to a problem is "strong customer support" then we obviously have a difference of opinions. Let the facts (not mine) speak for themselves.
 I was one of the fools that bought into Mackie's claims a long time ago. Because of Mackie's reluctance to be open about their product I opened it up to see what the potential could be, not to throw rocks at it. What all of you don't know is that I have been busy behind the scenes with Mackie's Ben Olswang since March of this year. I have shared some of the information with you here but certainly only a limited amount. Unlike some members that think they can change Mackie's direction by mouthing off on this forum (Kev Tyler) to be specific and others that support him. I've been in the charity business for over 20 yrs. and I've learned that you need a tough skin and strong stomach to survive. I consider this forum another charity for me and I've never backed away from a fight when I believed I was right (Rdmitch nothing to do with you).
When in doubt KISS