Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

MF 3.0 Bug reports

<< < (3/4) > >>

dpdan:
Speaking about the Modern and Vintage modes... I did a phase cancellation test about two years ago to determine if the "Modern" and "Vintage" EQ modes were identical, and just listening to them told me they were.
The phase reverse test proved that there is absolutely no difference in the sound quality of either the "Modern" or "Vintage" EQ modes.

Originally, Mackie advertised this as a "NEW" Vintage sounding EQ, when in fact it was just a different graphic user interface for the same processing.
I do realize that people who are not experienced audio engineers would much prefer knobs instead of the "Modern" GUI, and so for that, I think it is a great idea to offer both.
I am also pleased that in one of the videos I watched about the DL32R and v3.0 it is stated that the two options provide different ways to control the EQ.

That is the honest thing to do, and I am proud of Mackie for not giving misleading information about the product.

pytchley:

--- Quote from: dpdan on November 20, 2014, 05:50:57 PM ---Speaking about the Modern and Vintage modes... I did a phase cancellation test about two years ago to determine if the "Modern" and "Vintage" EQ modes were identical, and just listening to them told me they were.
The phase reverse test proved that there is absolutely no difference in the sound quality of either the "Modern" or "Vintage" EQ modes.

Originally, Mackie advertised this as a "NEW" Vintage sounding EQ, when in fact it was just a different graphic user interface for the same processing.
I do realize that people who are not experienced audio engineers would much prefer knobs instead of the "Modern" GUI, and so for that, I think it is a great idea to offer both.
I am also pleased that in one of the videos I watched about the DL32R and v3.0 it is stated that the two options provide different ways to control the EQ.

That is the honest thing to do, and I am proud of Mackie for not giving misleading information about the product.

--- End quote ---

Interesting, I only use modern eq and compression as I could hear no difference when switching to classic and wondered if it wasn't just my ageing ears (I must be nearly as old as Wynnd). In the new reference guide Mackie say "You can switch between EQ types while audio passes and the settings will match as closely as possible, but the sound will change." Hmmmm!

Wynnd:
Talk about aging ears.  Just got hearing aids about a month ago.  (And for people who think the DL32R is expensive, I could buy two and have money left over for at least a couple of ipads for what these hearing aids cost.)  My hearing losses have been mid-range and up.  I've always heard bass very easily.  (Try to be on the opposite side of the stage from the bass.)  I use the ipad mini for external control.  There is a full boost, a restaurant mode and a music mode.  When I walk into a restaurant at full boost, it sounds like a bunch of white noise and clatter.  Switching to restaurant mode kills the white noise and makes conversation easy to understand.  I had really gotten to hate Bennigans because of all the background noise.  (Was designed to make 10 people sound like 50)  Only problem I've got is that the ipad wants to redirect the audio output to the hearing aids.  That doesn't work at rehearsal.  (Should probably just shut the hearing aids off there.)  Enough ranting.

robbocurry:
Can't replicate that at all. Tried wired, wireless and demo. Doesn't happen on my iPad mini.

thedrums:
I just happen to have my iPad at work with me and tried to recreate that situation. I could not get mine to hang up. I using MFv3 on an iPad 3 with iOS 8.1.1. I wonder if docking the iPad would help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version