Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

MF 3.0 Bug reports

<< < (2/4) > >>

pytchley:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 20, 2014, 04:40:55 PM ---Any of you guys have computers that have never hiccupped?  Even all my Macs have.  (Generally not as often as my Windows machines.)  He had a hard time getting it to hang.  As far as having to hard boot the ipad, if this is mission critical and in my case it is, you really should have at least two ipads for control.  I always have one docked and one wireless.  (With my iphone in my pocket with My Fader installed.)   Now what do you do if a powered speaker craps out during a gig?  There isn't an instantaneous fix for that either.  (Or any on-site fix in most cases.)  I for one, don't find the classic eq of any interest.  The modern one is easier and more functional to my mind.  Like I've said before, If you're looking for perfection, wait until your next life.

--- End quote ---

I do have two Ipads, I use this thing professionally and I'm sticking to MF2 until Mackie iron out the (worst) bugs, this one could be a show stopper, would the second ipad also crash? It's possible. I agree with Redwood the sooner they are brought out into the open the better for all of us. I use this mixer a lot and think in general Mackie have done a fine job with the design less so with the back-up.  I have the sync problem and the white noise one as well which I feel have not been addressed quickly enough. Good to see Beno's watching.

Wynnd:
Agreed it should be reported.  If it comes up frequently enough from different sources, it will probably be addressed. 

Just wondering what caused anyone to spend time switching back and forth between classic and modern anyway?  I can see being drawn to one style and moving the entire board in that direction.  On the other hand, if this can only occur when switching modes, Mackie could decide that the classic mode has outlived its usefulness and just delete it.  (I'd be inclined to do that.)   Might open up some programming opportunities in the future. 

I expect that I might not be doing this anymore after 70.  Hoping the DL1608 will carry me through that far.

redwood:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 20, 2014, 04:59:29 PM --- Just wondering what caused anyone to spend time switching back and forth between classic and modern anyway? 

--- End quote ---

If it's like intermittent bugs I've seen, it may have cropped up the first time he switched, and then he spent awhile trying to make it happen again, on demand....hard to know without more info.

Wynnd:
Would be interesting to take a poll and see what percentage bother with the classic mode.  I'm guessing that Mackie only included it to reduce people being put off by the modern eq mode.  I've never used classic in a gig.

Keyboard Magic:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 20, 2014, 05:15:36 PM ---Would be interesting to take a poll and see what percentage bother with the classic mode.  I'm guessing that Mackie only included it to reduce people being put off by the modern eq mode.  I've never used classic in a gig.

--- End quote ---

That's all I use is classic mode, "quick and dirty" very uncomplicated for me. I'm sure if I played around with the modern mode enough I would get used to it though. For the small gigs I do, not an issue anyway.  ;) As far as that "app crash" It shouldn't happen, even occasionally. Of course you could probably make anything crash if you poked at it enough times these days.

I've got one iPad on MF3, the other on 2.1.1 and have not updated the DL yet. Only using the one iPad on 2.1.1, obviously. Let the dust settle. If WK was right and this is a public Beta, it's not smart to use it at a mission critical event yet. Can you say Russian Roulette?  Or "Come on Baby Light My Fire"  :facepalm:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version