Author Topic: Re,Re,Re,Reverb  (Read 10842 times)

James91104

• Knight
Re,Re,Re,Reverb
« on: November 21, 2014, 12:26:23 AM »
Two days is enough time I would think for some objective and analytical review and reports on the subject of any effects DSP improvements.
Simply put, verbs any BETTER with MF3.0 ?

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
Re: Re,Re,Re,Reverb
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 01:01:17 AM »
I've never had a problem with the 'verb once I figured out how to properly switch them  :facepalm: but I'd sure like a second one available, and a chorus (or at least a reverb/chorus). Or with the new groups feature if I could route the output of a group to the 'verb it might work for being able to mute the 'verb on just the vocals during chatting with the audience...

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 02:14:03 AM »
You could always use one Aux for external effects and return by an open channel.  It's doable, but some caution needs to be applied.  (And you lose an Aux and Channel.)  Personally, I've always considered chorus to be a poor substitute for a Leslie.  (I own two Leslies.) 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:07:32 AM »
I can spare neither auxes nor channels :( . I really need that mythical DL2412R ;) .

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 09:51:55 AM »
Is there no fx mute footswitch option on the new hardware/software?

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 01:57:30 PM »
Haven't checked the DL32R yet, but the DL1608 doesn't have it.  That would be a hardware change.  Maybe someday we'll be able to use a bluetooth foot switch with the ipad for that function.  Might want to add it to the want list.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 03:55:16 PM »
Haven't checked the DL32R yet, but the DL1608 doesn't have it.  That would be a hardware change.  Maybe someday we'll be able to use a bluetooth foot switch with the ipad for that function.  Might want to add it to the want list.
Actually you have Bluetooth on the iPad and can hook up to a foot-switch and subsequently send the appropriate message to the DL via Ethernet. Of course that would require Mackie to modify "Mandolin".  :) What hardware change?
When in doubt KISS

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »
The hardware change would be to incorporate a mechanical foot switch onto the DL1608.  I guessing that might be harder than on an analog mixer.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 04:23:05 PM »
The hardware change would be to incorporate a mechanical foot switch onto the DL1608.  I guessing that might be harder than on an analog mixer.
Why would you want to go back and use a cabled foot switch when there are plenty of Bluetooth versions available. One less cable to deal with. Is there some Mackie Myth that Bluetooth is unreliable or that it doesn't play well with WiFi? Keep in mind that the DL is wired Ethernet not WiFi. That what the access point (Air Express etc.) converts for the DL. I use Bluetooth speakers (UE Boom) along with WiFi (Dlink WiFI Dir-655) and iPad III without any problems.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 04:58:36 PM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 04:36:47 PM »
Def needs a bluetooth footswitch for those mixing from the stage and the FX mute(s) on the app are still not as accessible as I'd like...

Kev tyler

• Knight
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2014, 05:51:58 PM »
I think that modern mixers  should all have an fx mute via Bluetooth option, let's call it up arrow,

That leaves down arrow, for playback stop, left and right arrow for next and previous song, that's on the playback app that should be "always on top"  folks.

😄

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2014, 07:11:19 PM »
in this case, always on top should be an option.  I wouldn't place it there.  (Don't use very much effects.)  Maybe make it part of the overview page?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 01:53:26 AM »
I'm still searching for a Bluetooth app that takes a lapel mic into the iPhone headphone/mic jack and sends it out on the Bluetooth channel, that works (minor requirement). Anyone use one?
When in doubt KISS

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 04:01:55 AM »
I'm still searching for a Bluetooth app that takes a lapel mic into the iPhone headphone/mic jack and sends it out on the Bluetooth channel, that works (minor requirement). Anyone use one?
Did you try this one?
https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/talkback-mic/id480263826
He did add airplay support at my request a while back - don't see why it wouldn't output to bluetooth? If not maybe he'd add that if you ask :) .

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
Did you try this one?
https://itunes.apple.com/tw/app/talkback-mic/id480263826
He did add airplay support at my request a while back - don't see why it wouldn't output to bluetooth? If not maybe he'd add that if you ask :) .
Thanks for the lead unfortunately his latest release improvement was to remove airplay code, go figure.  :(
When in doubt KISS