Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Re,Re,Re,Reverb

<< < (2/6) > >>

Wynnd:
Haven't checked the DL32R yet, but the DL1608 doesn't have it.  That would be a hardware change.  Maybe someday we'll be able to use a bluetooth foot switch with the ipad for that function.  Might want to add it to the want list.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 21, 2014, 01:57:30 PM ---Haven't checked the DL32R yet, but the DL1608 doesn't have it.  That would be a hardware change.  Maybe someday we'll be able to use a bluetooth foot switch with the ipad for that function.  Might want to add it to the want list.

--- End quote ---
Actually you have Bluetooth on the iPad and can hook up to a foot-switch and subsequently send the appropriate message to the DL via Ethernet. Of course that would require Mackie to modify "Mandolin".  :) What hardware change?

Wynnd:
The hardware change would be to incorporate a mechanical foot switch onto the DL1608.  I guessing that might be harder than on an analog mixer.

WK154:

--- Quote from: Wynnd on November 21, 2014, 03:57:46 PM ---The hardware change would be to incorporate a mechanical foot switch onto the DL1608.  I guessing that might be harder than on an analog mixer.

--- End quote ---
Why would you want to go back and use a cabled foot switch when there are plenty of Bluetooth versions available. One less cable to deal with. Is there some Mackie Myth that Bluetooth is unreliable or that it doesn't play well with WiFi? Keep in mind that the DL is wired Ethernet not WiFi. That what the access point (Air Express etc.) converts for the DL. I use Bluetooth speakers (UE Boom) along with WiFi (Dlink WiFI Dir-655) and iPad III without any problems.

RoadRanger:
Def needs a bluetooth footswitch for those mixing from the stage and the FX mute(s) on the app are still not as accessible as I'd like...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version