Author Topic: Airplay, iTunes and Airport Express in 3.0  (Read 17305 times)

Wynnd

• Master
Re: Airplay, iTunes and Airport Express in 3.0
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2014, 06:13:13 AM »
One channel in itunes channel was barely audible in the main output.  VU meter's showed Itunes channel looking good, stereo centered and the main VU meter showed nearly no signal in the left channel and normal in the right.  I didn't reboot the ipad.  (Rehearsal, not a critical situation.)  For ease of function, I just switched the output to airplay where everything worked normally.    Anyone else had this happen?  First time for me. 

RoadRanger

• SysGod
  • Counselor
  • Master
  • "Wherever you go, There you are"
    • Cacophony Forums
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2014, 06:19:33 PM »
I think we've all seen intermittent weird things that go away when we reboot either the DL or iPad. Can't really report them as bugs since they aren't reproducible and in the heat of "battle" you don't have time to pin it down or even be sure it wasn't operator error :( .

OTOH I've seen reports like this on all the digital mixers I "follow" so the DL is no worse than the competition IMO (and hopefully getting better :) ).

Oh and Wynn make sure the digital trims on the iPad channel are equal - one being down would look just like what you saw. The channel VU is pre-digital trim (for good reason on the analog channels, not-so-much on the iPad channel).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:22:56 PM by RoadRanger »

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 02:54:42 AM »
Will look at the digital trims on the ipad channel.  Thanks for the suggestion.  (Reboot probably would have made it go away.  Will look closer for this weekend.)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2014, 05:27:03 AM »
Okay, so I'm running 3.0.1 and iOS 8.1.2 on both my docked iPad 3 and remote iPad Air (1st gen).  CH 15/16 linking to the Airport Express.  I don't use iTunes and use Louder Logic.  In Louder Logic was able to select my Airport Express from my remote iPad Air. I can swipe up to display the player transport and Airplay and my Airport Express shows (see attached screen shot).  Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Ampli

• Knight
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2014, 09:22:20 AM »
To me it looks that they improved the airplay funtion
It show with me quicker also
Do you switch between the apps with single home button click or always with double click
With me that made a big differance?

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2014, 06:42:04 AM »
To me it looks that they improved the airplay funtion
It show with me quicker also
Do you switch between the apps with single home button click or always with double click
With me that made a big differance?

Ampli,

With MF active on the remote iPad, I just swipe up and I have the Airplay controls at my fingertips. Never have to switch between apps (Louder Logic), unless I'm changing playlists, etc. I can start and stop the transport, FF & RW.  There is a small delay before it hits the console, but no big deal for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"