Unofficial Mackie User Forums > DL1608/DL806/DL32R/ProDX Mixers

Airplay, iTunes and Airport Express in 3.0

<< < (2/11) > >>

Rockit:
It does seem counter-intuitive to have a dedicated channel for iPad, yet you need to go outside of Master Fader to at the very least, stop/start whatever is playing through that channel. I usually try to bring in a break song at the precise time the band stops playing, which means you have to juggle fading out/muting the band with starting the break song- leaving the app and going to iTunes or flick up the hidden bottom panel, which you still don't have access to MF at the same time as this over-rides the MF app. Of course you can always use the fader to fade the song in,but then you are not at the start of it.
Maybe it is a limitation of the multi function of the iPad to be able to have 2 apps integrate with each other?
 Still waiting for a reply from Mackie. :(

Kev tyler:
I doubt it's a limitation, I just think it's a failure to acknowledge what the end user actually wants.

Look at the advice the industry offers when you complain about the loss of the 20 dollar fx  mute footswitch, buy a 2000 dollar Mac and pro tools,  or buy a huge midi foot pedal the size of a car, buy buy buy.........

:)

Wynnd:
I noticed that OnSong will play songs, I use that for rehearsal of covers.  You can start and stop those songs from within OnSong or Itunes.  The ipad doesn't care.  It would be nice to have at least that capability within MF.  I can work around it, but there is a convenience factor here.  I'd place the controls on the recording screen.  Though for those who use click tracks, that might be better on the home screen where it's reachable at any time.  (How do they play in lock step with a click track?  Gotta be quite a skill.) Hopefully Mackie will consider adding this to their next version of Master Fader.

RoadRanger:
While I'd love that too I don't think any other digital mixer's app has it and it's probably more important for Mackie to catch up on the features the others have before worrying too much about new features...

Kev tyler:
I think the qsc thing has a transport control

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version