Author Topic: Import/Export Feature in 3.0 is Useless  (Read 2517 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Import/Export Feature in 3.0 is Useless
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:44:13 PM »
You know you have all this ability to export your shows, presets, etc to Dropbox. Why can you only import via iTunes?  I can't stand being tied to iTunes. IMHO, the Import/Export feature is useless 😞
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

WJF

• Padawan
Re: Import/Export Feature in 3.0 is Useless
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 03:03:01 PM »
Is that true? Import through iTunes only? That's disappointing ... I have a very profound, active hatred for iTunes as well.

Still, having to use iTunes is a relatively small price to pay for all the happiness my DL has brought to my mixing ...

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 03:10:52 PM »
This is a serious improvement over only being able to back up the entire program to itunes.  I e-mailed a show to myself.  (Don't really use dropbox, even though I have an account.  I prefer to keep all my backups at home.  Of course if my home burns?)   I does make it possible to share show configurations.  We should consider making a library of shows available for other DL users. 

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
This is a serious improvement over only being able to back up the entire program to itunes.  I e-mailed a show to myself.  (Don't really use dropbox, even though I have an account.  I prefer to keep all my backups at home.  Of course if my home burns?)   I does make it possible to share show configurations.  We should consider making a library of shows available for other DL users.

Wynn, found a workaround.  Required multiple steps (see screen shots at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m891oou1aszl8ni/AABJlfAiP_LyRctBTAkWMOEQa?dl=0).  Would have rather had fewer steps, but it works.  I myself have a 15TB NAS device that I back everything to.  It synchronizes with Dropbox, so even if I backup to Dropbox, my NAS device pulls it down locally.  RR should chime in here regarding a sharing thread for libraries of shows.  I prefer presets myself since shows are more individual, whereas is someone came up with a really good preset for guitar, keyboards, etc., that would be very useful.
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"