Author Topic: Digital Trim  (Read 13584 times)

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
Re: Digital Trim
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2014, 12:36:33 AM »
The recordings are considered part of the app so if you have recordings made with MasterFader it will show those recordings as part of the app size.
That would be zero in my case, I don't use record via MF. Mackie certainly does not have your recordings either so you saying that a upgrade download combines with recording data? To bad there is no directory content available.  :) Another Crab Apple feature. ::)
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2014, 06:29:02 AM »
Sorry WK, have I misinterpreted you post. Are you referring to the IOS update, not MF update as being best part of 4GB?

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »
Sorry WK, have I misinterpreted you post. Are you referring to the IOS update, not MF update as being best part of 4GB?
Hmm I thought it was clear MF 3.0 was downloaded but not installed with a total size of 4.1 GB. This no doubt represents iPad code as well as DL code. It also includes MF 2.1.1 code and data. All iOS apps are sand-boxed into their own directory structure. I'm assuming the usage represent all of the apps directories. This of course will be reduced once the update is installed.
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 06:39:26 AM »
It was clear it was downloaded, but not installed, however, I was not aware that it bundled the previous version(s) in as well in the size calc. Still, it seems a massively overinflated value for the size of the installed app and the downloaded file.... would be interesting to see if anyone else has corroborating data, which might point to some kind of glitch.

nottooloud

• Knight
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »
Hmm I thought it was clear MF 3.0 was downloaded but not installed with a total size of 4.1 GB.

I'm looking at MasterFader 3.0.ipa in the Mobile Applications directory on my computer, and it's 69 MB. I also keep 1.4.1 handy as the last one that never drops sync. It's 72.6 MB, so MasterFader has actually gotten smaller.

WK154

• Door #3
  • Master
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2014, 09:54:46 PM »
It was clear it was downloaded, but not installed, however, I was not aware that it bundled the previous version(s) in as well in the size calc. Still, it seems a massively overinflated value for the size of the installed app and the downloaded file.... would be interesting to see if anyone else has corroborating data, which might point to some kind of glitch.
Well when all fails use a tool for the job. iPad File Explorer (PC and Mac) an instant solution well worth the $14.95 (demo available). A 4 GB Wav file from the distant past 2012 was the culprit. There are no MF3.0 files that I could find so it must be a link to their Apps store only. Looks like about 1000 files that make up MF. We also know from Metacom that the DL is using about 3.8 MB and most of that is buffers lots of buffers to hold all the bus info. Sorry for the scare.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:38:32 AM by WK154 »
When in doubt KISS

ijpengelly

• Knight
  • Weekend Warrior
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2014, 10:12:42 PM »
Tis all good, its not like you were suggesting the case was made of asbestos and we were all going to die in a week...  :lol: Still, nice to get to the bottom of the discrepancy.  :thu: