Author Topic: Shows - Offline and duplicates  (Read 2187 times)

Harpman

• Knight
  • “If music be the food of love, play on"
    • Stefani Entertainment
Shows - Offline and duplicates
« on: November 27, 2014, 04:33:20 AM »
In the reference guide (pg. 149) is states at the bottom of the page "Each iPad that is offline is unique. in other words, multiple varying snapshots and shows may be created on each iPad. This is something to be aware of when reconnecting". The way I read this is that the duplicate show issue continues to be an issue. I've gotten around this issue by making the docked iPad the master, but if I make any offline changes to the remote iPad, I end up with multiple duplicate shows. I was hoping Mackie would have fixed this in 3.0. May not be as much of an issue with the DL32R since there is no docked iPad. Determining what duplicate show to delete is a real PITA. On my remote iPad, I actually have 4 duplicates of the same show.  How hard would that be to fix?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Gio Stefani
Stefani Entertainment
"We Bring Good Music to Life"

Fluddman

• Knight
Re: Shows - Offline and duplicates
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 09:31:39 AM »
Good point. It drives me nuts too. So many bloody duplicates!

Wynnd

• Master
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 10:36:36 AM »
I just assumed that no one else was experiencing this.  It is a low priority issue.  It would be larger if it randomly deleted shows.  On the other hand, the fact that we're discussing this indicates how much work Mackie did on this upgrade.  It does seem like the pink noise issue is gone and the dock sync problem appears to be a low charge on the ipad.  (And a weak charging source on the DL.)   I've come to the conclusion that Mackie may have rewritten almost all of the base software of Master Fader.  That would explain much of the differences in appearance besides the extra goodies.  Don't get me wrong, but that is a lot of work and might have been easier than finding the offending problems.  I am still very impressed.  This upgrade was so good, that I would have gladly paid for it. 

Rdmitch

• Knight
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 03:36:07 PM »
...ssh, don't give them any  ideas!

Other then the choppy movement I too am impressed with the upgrade.
As far as duplicates, now that you can add comments, I put a date and show info in the box.
If I end up with a duplicate, I just delete it.

Hope everyone here, as well as our friends at Mackie has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.
How many of us will tell our families we are thankful for V.3 and confuse them ?
Your never to old to learn something stupid